Any Kemper II on the horizon?

• I suspect some like chasing the newer gear, just for the sake of having the latest and, allegedly, greatest. In reality, they just like being victimized by marketing.

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

• Other than a few things that are apparently in development, I don't see how this product can be improved much. (Upcoming footcontroller with looper functions, editor, and a few more effects, and implementation of a few buttons) How do you improved something that sounds identical to the original amp? Perhaps a new version would allow parallel models, an extra effect slot on each side, and perhaps the added dsp to accomodate this. They are a small company with a rather niche market of buyers, not mainstream like line6. It's taken them a long time to get pitch effects and performance mode. Probably will be at least 3 or 4 years before they even begin to worry about making a new version. My point is that this thing rocks in its current status, once the upcoming features are released, I don't see why anyone could be unhappy with this product, other than G.A.S. for a new version. At that point, if you just have to have the newest thing, sell this version on ebay and upgrade. But you might be waiting for a new version for many years. The question is, do you want to wait many years just so you can feel content for a while about having the latest and greatest, or do you want the best tool available now for making music, that will continue to be an amazing tool even if they do eventually release a new version?

• In the world of digital electronics, if one always decides to wait for the better model they will wait forever. If you are worried about loss on investment, don't because the Kemper isn't an investment it's an expense. If you want to lower your cost, buy used. The KPA was the most expensive music gear purchase I've made in my nearly 28 years of playing guitar and it was worth every penny.

+1 :thumbup:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• For what would we need a Kemper II? The profiles are even today spot on (mostly)... Kemper II delivers 120%? :D

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Kemper is a great sounding amp but it's very limited in software user interfacing features; maybe this is what he's really asking for? Honestly, I've only had this unit for a week and have fallen in love with its audio reproduction capabilities but I despise its lack of integration with the end user. I spend hours on end doing the simplest of tasks that could be automated and streamlined; we all have experienced it and display it through the forum. Honestly, I don't have time to sit around remapping my midi assignments one by one, each having 15 steps to complete one map... that's crazy! Maybe it might make sense if they provided other forms of interfacing such as output files that allowed third party integration or possibly exposed the file system for direct integration?? Man, I'd be happy just getting the data into XML spreadsheets for manipulation and loading; anything to save time.

All said, rants over... I am amazed at the sound of this thing! I love the way it responds to my guitars and playing style and will continue to grow with it.. besides, if I weren't pushing a button on this thing, I'd be pushing a button on something else in my rack.

Gettin' funky up in here..

• Kemper is a great sounding amp but it's very limited in software user interfacing features; maybe this is what he's really asking for? Honestly, I've only had this unit for a week and have fallen in love with its audio reproduction capabilities but I despise its lack of integration with the end user. I spend hours on end doing the simplest of tasks that could be automated and streamlined; we all have experienced it and display it through the forum. Honestly, I don't have time to sit around remapping my midi assignments one by one, each having 15 steps to complete one map... that's crazy! Maybe it might make sense if they provided other forms of interfacing such as output files that allowed third party integration or possibly exposed the file system for direct integration?? Man, I'd be happy just getting the data into XML spreadsheets for manipulation and loading; anything to save time.

All said, rants over... I am amazed at the sound of this thing! I love the way it responds to my guitars and playing style and will continue to grow with it.. besides, if I weren't pushing a button on this thing, I'd be pushing a button on something else in my rack.

Get a FCB1010 footcontroller (they are very cheap) and the ~$20 Uno4Kemper chip, and you won't have to do ANY programming. It's plug and play with the KPA.

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• Been done along with the U4K, ordered the same day and integrated. It's also the root cause of my midi programming hell.. you still have to assign midi numbers to rigs in browser mode and program all the rigs into slots in performance mode. Pushing a bunch of buttons through menus are just slow and time consuming. Software integration and UI is where it's at.. No different than plug in's and DAW's.. the USB or RJ45 port could be invaluable to real integration in the studio and rig management.

• the kemper blows me away everytime i turn it on i have a art x 15 ultrafoot and it took one minute to get it going way easier than a fc 1010 which i borrowed and got it working without unochip ..pc editor is all i hope for and a some profiles of randall thrasher or mike fortins amps ie natas satan bones or meathead peace to all

• Been done along with the U4K, ordered the same day and integrated. It's also the root cause of my midi programming hell.. you still have to assign midi numbers to rigs in browser mode and program all the rigs into slots in performance mode. Pushing a bunch of buttons through menus are just slow and time consuming. Software integration and UI is where it's at.. No different than plug in's and DAW's.. the USB or RJ45 port could be invaluable to real integration in the studio and rig management.

I agree a software editor from Kemper would be great. But it only took about 3 minutes to assign the rigs in my performance mode with the FCB Uno4Kemper. I thought it was pretty quick.

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• No sure how many rigs you're using in that 3 minutes! You have to assign them in both performance mode and browse mode. I've found that using a foot switch attached to the back of the Kemper is better for browsing, I can see all of the rigs, not just the ones assigned to midi program numbers as in the U4K 1010. But one thing that I haven't figured out is how to browse in reverse order.. I can only get it to go one way i.e X+1, not X-1. Does someone know how to get it to do that?

• You don't need to do anything in Browse mode when you are assigning rigs in Performance mode. Just spin the Browse knob to find your the profile you want, and save it to the slot. I saved 10 rigs (that's all I need for a gig) in those 3 minutes.

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

• Thanks guys! Yep.. still browsing and building performance rigs.. Yep, I had the wrong cables, was using a TRS to dual mono breakout. Once I switched to TRS - TRS, happy happy.

Looking forward to beginning the profiling process in the near future. Until then.. well there's just so many monster tones and so little time!