those owning the unit a year or longer

• owner as from May /June 2012 .....(thanks to Lance :D )
    KPA rules, there is no such a thing on the market ...
    Every time when play it after longer break , say week or two - you can hear me saying : WOW what a faking good sound !!!!

Yes, the best test one can do is to play KPA to someone who never hear it before , and watch his face.
    His smile and his (more likely- very surprised ) face will tell you everything you need to know about Kemper .....

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited once, last by Rescator ().

• Heres my 2 cents.....I had the Kemper since it first started shipping to the states in February. Loved it the whole time. Due to a very hard financial situation I had to sell my Kemper. I purchased an 11rack to get by until I could get another Kemper. I had an 11rack before owning the Kemper so I was very familiar with it. After playing the Kemper for over a year and having to go back to 11rack was extremely difficult for me as a guitar player. I was so disappointed in the 11rack the second time. When I had it the first time I thought it was the greatest thing ever. But after playing the Kemper for a year and then turning on the 11rack, it just isnt in the same ball park. Im not ragging on the 11rack. For the money its the best bang for buck modeller out there. The hardest thing for me to overcome was the feel. The tones in the 11r were there for me, somewhat but the feeling was not close at all compared to the Kemper.

I literally got my new Kemper rack yesterday. Immediately loaded my back up file on there, turned to the Morgan 20 profile and BAM! Instant gratification. This thing is just so amazing. I went to band practice last night as was just ear to ear smiles. I stayed late after everyone else left, just sitting there playing. Not tweaking, just playing. I really dont think you will get tired of this thing.

• I've had it since it first came out in the states. I'd say that there will be times that you wont be happy with your tone, but the beauty of the Kemper is that so far for me anyway there's always another rig to switch to, another pedal to put in the chain, another adjustment to make in the rig somewhere for those situations. With any other modeler or even a real amp if you get bored of or find fault with your tone then you're stuck, it can't evolve with you and your tastes, the Kemper can.

• Seems to me like a "tone tired" case. I get this even from high end tube amps.
    People who play via headphones are more prone to this. I hate headphones for guitar playing)
    It has more to do with the cab than amp(for me at least). What I do is either change the he cab, or play something else, different guitar.
    I don't own Kemper for a year, but it's hard for me to imagine being tired of it - it doesn't have a tone signature on its own. Maybe try different set of monitors, headphones or power amp?

• I've had my unit for over 18 months and I have to say I'm in agreement with most of the posts here, it just gets better and better, the sheer range ensures you never run out of things to try, if you're looking for some sonic inspiration, and so often I'm dialing through from one profile to another and I'll come across one I haven't played for a while, and the it's midnight........

As a small mention I would also like to say that for me the work Andy at Ampfactory has done has allowed me to have everything I could ever have wished for, and a quality the consistently blows me, and my guitar playing buddies, away

It's bizarre to have said goodbye to any amp GAS, and pretty much pedal as well, so I find all my GAS adventures are about new guitars, which is as it should be I guess

It has completely given me everything, I upgraded to the power lunchbox with their deal as I will be going out live soon, and bought a Matrix Nl2, which is a brilliant partner, given that my venues won't be huge, as I haven't had the call from Madison Square gardens yet!

• Bought my KPA last Thursday, sold my 11R Sunday on ebay. Right off the bat I realized that the 11R was a good piece of equipment for the price but... There's just no comparison. So long fizz, hello warm tube sound. It's all about 'The Tone' and I don't think any amount of time will change my love for this thing.

• My biggest "problem" with the KPA and each real amp/emulator and so on is that every sound seems to be the same, with slightly differences. The reason? The KPA and every good tube amp sounds the way you sound :)

By the way it's pretty easy to get "tone bored" when you mainly play home, i think it's more about human psychology than gear related.
    I feel the same when i never play live. But when i have a lot of gigs, i just can be happy with the KPA.

P.S: i agree with those who say that headphone playing is one of the reasons of tone boring.

• The Profiler should satisfy even the snobbiest of tone snobs!
    I've had the Kemper for 17 months and I must say, it has made me want to play guitar even more than when I was first obsessed with it at 17! ...And even after I had quit for 16 years!
    I had the 11R a couple of times and if there wasn't a Kemper or an AXE out there, I would have been happy with it. But to my ears, there really is no comparing the 11R to the Kemper. I even use the same FR monitors I had with the 11R and still the difference is night and day. I still have three analogue amps, yet I play the Kemper about 4-5 times more, because I can get it to sound even better than the real deal.

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach