Recommendation for drop tuning pedals

• Hi folks,

I tried a Variax Tyler to get access to drop tunings. Did not like the guitar so much so I am looking for a pedal that could do the trick. Have a GR55 but this is not so practical....

Any tips? Whammy DT? Morpheus?

What are you using?

I want to use it also clean.

Do I ask for too much or already technically feasible?

Thanks

Sacapuntas

• You dont need to buy an external pedal, just use the transpose function in the kemper.

You can tune down or even up, but you cant drop tune, for ex. only the low E down to D.

• did you try to use the transpose with the pure tuning feature? and the smooth chords function? you find them on top of the screen when in most of the pitch FX.

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Digitech Whammey DT is excellent for both distorted and cleans. I regularly use mine to mimic a 7 string ie down 5 steps, saves carrying a 7 string with me all the time.

• Yes try the Whammy V or DT. Previous versions are not polyphonic. At 1:12 you can get an idea of the results you'll get from the Whammy V. Not perfect, but better than what you'll get out of the KPA. You'll need the DT if your trying to drop a half step. The Whammy V's smallest interval is a whole step down (down 2nd).

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Have now the Whammy DT. It is a nice pedal, however, tuning down for half or two steps playing clean it cannot handle an usual chord arpeggio. Nevertheless it acts better than the KPA effect. For heavy sounds the drop tuning with the whammy it is really ok. The Variax Tyler guitars are obviously the best solution to tune lower. I am sure in some years this type of gear will work perfectly. Just a matter of processor power.

Somebody here said that Kemper should develop a profiling guitar. I think this is probably a very good idea!!

Cheers and rock on

Sacapuntas

• Really? That's pretty surprising as the Whammy V does very well when picking through chords. Here's a little comparison I did with the initial KPA pitch release versus Whammy V and the while not perfect, considering what we're trying to do, the polyphonic pitch tracking the Whammy V performed tremendously well and was very stable.

https://soundcloud.com/willchen28/kpa-vs-whammy