Using a Looper via FX Loop in X Slot

• Guys, im using a Ditto Looper via the FX Loop in the X Slot however, the Delay and Reverb is after this which causes issues when changing rigs after the loop has been created. Is this something that will be addressed in the future or has anyone come up with a workaround to placing the Looper as the last FX in the chain ?
    Cheers,
    Mark

• 1. install latest firmware
    2. connect kemper's send to ditto in
    3. connect ditto out to kemper's return (use mono to stereo Y cable for looper in both left and right)
    4. assign direct output to the place in the signal chain you prefer (master mono or stack out)
    5. raise "return to monitor" (or to headphone? i'm far from my kemper at the moment) to taste

That way you'll not use that precious X slot and the looper output will appear at kemper out unaffected.
    ... that's the way my looper (computer based) is connected...

Sorry for any "vagueness" but I haven't my kemper at hand, more info in the 2.1.1 firmware docs.

Marco

• Wow, cheers Marco. I'll give it a try when I get home.
    Many thanks
    Mark

• I tried this as well, and I have encountered two problems.
    I don't have a mono to stereo cable, so I tried it with just a mono cable for the return signal, so this may be the reason for everything
    When I use the return jack, I get no sound from the looper pedal, when I use the alternative input the looper sounds fine, but my own sound gets serious phasing issues (probably because of a small delay in the loop)

• The best place for the looper is after the KPA and before whatever amplification you use. If you run stereo you need a stereo looper.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Problem I have is that i'm going to an onstage monitor via the KPA and also L/R out of the KPA into a PA. It would be ace if we can place the FX Loop wherever we like in the chain, I do this on a Boss GT100.

• Problem I have is that i'm going to an onstage monitor via the KPA and also L/R out of the KPA into a PA. It would be ace if we can place the FX Loop wherever we like in the chain, I do this on a Boss GT100.

But of course the GT100 doesn't have reverb and delay spillover. It's a trade off...

• Hey,
    I'm digging this thread up because the topic isn't solved and I've got pretty much the same problem.

I'm using a Strymon Timeline in a locked stereo loop in the x-slot. (I tried mono and mod-slot and all those combinations as well! ;) ) If I record a loop and change the rig afterwards, the sound of the recorded loop gets altered - it thins out or gets more distorted, a little different from rig to rig. Of course modulation, delay and reverb are turned off and won't affect the sound, but the sound definitely changes when switching between rigs. Does anyone else encoutered that problem? I don't want to go back putting the Timeline behind the monitor out just to get the looper working correctly... :rolleyes:

Cheers
    Stefan

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her they cost.

• Some sort of signal splitter after the KPA main out is the only possibility I can think off. Have never looked at then personally though.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I've experimentated a little: The sound only changes with the option "MonitorCabOff" engaged. Via main out the looped sound sounded the same on my tested rigs.

I'm still wondering why this is happening! I've read and experienced that the cabinet alters the sound even if the cab is turned off on the monitor out. Is it possible that this alteration takes place at the end of the whole signalchain? But why should they do that? ?(

//Edit: It's definitely the "MonitorCabOff"-switch that changes the recorded loop. So the CabDriver-algorithm seems to be applied at the end of the signalchain :(

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her they cost.

Edited 2 times, last by malleus ().