Ritchie Blackmore´s lead sound? any hints?

• 1st of all you'll need a strat on neck pickup, it's mandatory !

There are some also some signature ENGL blackmore on the R.E that do the job quite well. Vintage marshalls are also great for this purpose ( JTM & JCM ) , check out the JTM50 blackflag or the jubilee by fast red pony , and adjust the gain to get a crunchy lead tone and play with the vol/tone pots on the strat to mellow the highs & attack, you should be 90% there.

• Hi Hallan,

what sound are you looking for exactly? richie has changed gear a lot - not as much as others, but still he has.
    theres is the "burn" sound, there is the beefier rainbow sound, the american sound of the commercial dio-less rainbow.
    and so on, so forth, i have made a recording of the song "ariel" and posted it here.
    But i am alway lucky, too when someone could advise us what profiles to choose from, i am not a great tweaker. cu

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• ha ha, hallan, i have listened

"old" is relative, to me this sound is "new", because in 1983 i had stopped long time ago to listen to ritchie! in fact until 1995 when he re-released a modern version of rainbow which i liked.
    but anyway, this particular sound should depend more on the effects, a ton of reverb ofcourse and the correct amount of delay.
    does anyone know how to define the delay milliseconds? bpmx1K? divided by 13? just kiddin', no idea.
    then neck pickup of a strat with 90% volume and we are almost there. if only we knew from which profile to start!! ?(
    if you find it, post it! :thumbup:

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• great :)

I am departing from Armin´s ERB M04 strat neck lead profile from ERB pack..

ps: old Rainbow I call all albums in the row till Ben out of shape.. and where is Ariel song I call it new Rainbow,hehe..

• ha ha, hallan, i have listened

"old" is relative, to me this sound is "new", because in 1983 i had stopped long time ago to listen to ritchie! in fact until 1995 when he re-released a modern version of rainbow which i liked.
    but anyway, this particular sound should depend more on the effects, a ton of reverb ofcourse and the correct amount of delay.
    does anyone know how to define the delay milliseconds? bpmx1K? divided by 13? just kiddin', no idea.
    then neck pickup of a strat with 90% volume and we are almost there. if only we knew from which profile to start!! ?(
    if you find it, post it! :thumbup:

I don't think this particular solo is done on bridge+neck. That position delivers warmer close to tele sound. I have such in my strat so I know what I'm talking about . Neither do I hear tons of reverb or delay. Those don't define sound itself. I rather think of greenbacks or that kind of speakers, perhaps some mods on guitar circuit ?(

• Quoted from "Geraldo7" does anyone know how to define the delay milliseconds
    The Free Delay provides milliseconds. How to calculate --> Google is your friend.

Did not know where or how to search, lacked the vocabulary in english. Found David Fugit's calculator now.
    Eternally thankful! "Vielen Dank!" :thumbup: