Goodbye Tube amps, the Kemper Power Rack is here!

• Holy Sh*te!

My first Power Rack arrived today.
    So, I took it to a music store and set it up going into a Marshall 2X12, my favourite Marshall cab, the one that comes with a TSL100 head and the Marshall 1923 85th Anniversary Amp...one Vintage 30 and one Heritage 30.

The manager of this store is a full time gigging guitarist, brilliant player, and the most anal gear whore I've ever met.
    He gigs a TSL100, clean channel with his pedalboard up front....he plays very very loud on stage, he moves serious air.

I was a little nervous, how was it going to sound, what Profiles should I call up, keep in mind, only the Factory Presets are on this Kemper.
    The manager owns a Kemper Head, so he looking forward to playing the Power Rack.
    Anyway, I turned the Power Rack on and on the screen was Bill Ruppert's 62 Electro.
    Well, if I wasn't hearing it with my own ears I would never have believed anyone’s review or description of the poweramp tone into a real cab.
    It was enormous, pristine clean, headroom for days, thump, everything, it was basically like a 100w tube amps clean channel at extremely loud volume.
    He pounded the strings as hard as he could to get the clean tone to break up, no way, it stayed 100% clean.
    We've played every tube amp in the store over and over, he's been gigging his TSL100 for a long time, we were blown away.
    Every guitarist that gathered round couldn't believe it wasn't a tube amp.
    Amazingly it was hard to stop playing the very first Profile, the 62 Electro...the clean Fender factory Presets sounded awesome, actually every Profile sounded incredible.

He's gigging the Rack this Saturday night, leaving the TSL100 and pedalboard behind...I shall report.

Very interesting.
    My first Power Head arrived two weeks ago.
    Immediately grabbed by genius guitarist Robin Gallagher ('Telepathy', the first song on my Soundcloud page is Robin playing).
    He gigged it last week through a Fender Supersonic 2x12 cab.
    Completely blown away, coming from a guy who has every Fender amp in the catalog at his disposal, and been gigging with them for 20 years.
    Here's the interesting part, he doesn't use the Main Outs to the PA, he mikes the cab and he loves it.

[Blocked Image: http://imageshack.us/a/img62/782/j6u7.jpg]

• Excellent! It's always great to see tone snobs (like me!) become true converts when hearing the KPA.

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• Obviously not too many Kemper Poweramp users here. :)

It got even better yesterday when I plugged a killer LS100F Tokai into it. :love:

Very interesting.
    Still only using stock Kemper Presets.
    They're even more impressive when you turn the cab off and allow the poweramp/cab to work it's magic.
    IMO, plugging into a real cab instead of "FRFR" (sorry to use the old cliche) is like removing the blanket over the speakers.
    But, it works the same as if you're playing through a real tube amp, if it's too soft you might as well be using a Roland Cube, turn the volume up and the Kemper becomes a tube amp blasting out of real speakers.

[Blocked Image: https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/946034_637252946305247_994540901_n.jpg]