Unsure????

• I'm having same problem with my clean sounds clipping on the output too. How. High are you guys running your rig volumes? I'd have to turn rig volumes very low to stop cleans from clipping

• I think I've nailed my concern about clean and distorterd profiles being of different volumes. Adjusted my clean sense yesterday and tweaked the distorted sense too. Audio bliss.

Getting input sensitivity right at the start is one of the most important things for Kemper users to get right. If you don't enter the appropriate setting, it will make your profiles sound less than accurate and not up to the mark in terms of your high expectations.

What's more, I find that setting the clean sense wrong can impact the "feel" of playing the Kemper. Your guitar becomes that much more lively and it becomes so much easier to play when the input sensitivity is appropriate.

Difficult to explain, after some of the guys pointed me in the right direction, I found raising my clean sense and lowering my distorted sense fit my tonal sensibilities perfectly.

Is a simple adjustment of rig volume all that is required? ?( I wasn't sure, because I thought the Kemper Profiler normalises profiles to roughly the same volume level.

Yep this is what ive been thinking to, if thats the case then we dont need to worry about it :D

The discrepancies you guys are underlying are due to the fact that the concept of "volume" may mean different things: maximum peak level, RMS, total energy...
    Think for example of the way a compressor works: you have the perception that the overall volume increases when engaging one (and it's true), but peaks don't, by definition.
    In conclusion, given the same amount of RMS energy, a peaking signal can be lower than a non-peaking one: meaning that you perceive the former as lower on the whole, but its impulsive parts are higher.

HTH

• no simple answer to this one? cleans output is yellow red = I turn down the rig volume right? then my cleans are a lot lower then my distorted sounds? I guess I need to turn the rig volume to the distorted sounds down too right? My input is not distorting and is locked (I never touch it) So I'm asking, is it as easy as adjusting rig volumes for all my clean and distorted sounds lower? By lower I mean as low as - 10 db's. is that OK?

• So I'm asking, is it as easy as adjusting rig volumes for all my clean and distorted sounds lower? By lower I mean as low as - 10 db's. is that OK?

Yes. Adjust it so that presets don't clip. Doesn't matter how much, just don't clip the output.