Help with high gain highs.

• Hello,

Just purchased a kemper and could use some help.

I am coming from 2x12 tube amps (Marshall JVM, carvin legacy 1,3). I also have an ampeg vh150 solid state which has an amazing high distortion lead tone.

I almost returned the kemper because I tried it through the amps and wasn't getting a good tone. Then I put it through an old alesis RA100 monitor set I had from the 90's for a keyboard and it actually sounded not bad.

I went and purchased two yamaha HS8s speakers and it sounds really good - for the most part.

I am going from the kemper to a Roland quad capture interface and then out to the yamaha active monitors.

The lows and mids sound very good but the highs are a bit thin to my ears particularly on high-gain lead tones.

I adjusted the clean sensitivity and left the distorted sensitivity right at 0. I also have the yamaha pretty high and play in relatively high volume.

My preferred tones are high-gain leads. My guitar has a dimarzio evo on the bridge and I play with some delay but no reverb or anything else.

Is the problem the small twitter on the yamahas or is this perhaps a setting? I also have not purchased any new sounds. I am trying what is in there - particularly some metal core samples that came with the kemper.

At thoughts on how to improve the setup to get blazing, highly distorted lead sounds? Is the yamaha the issue?

Thank you!

-T

• Go into the cabinet by holding down the cab button. Go to the high control and turn it down just a number or 2.. its a brilliant control that can fatten the highs

TONE IS PARAMOUNT :D8) 8o

• I am coming from 2x12 tube amps (Marshall JVM, carvin legacy 1,3). I also have an ampeg vh150 solid state which has an amazing high distortion lead tone.

since you already seem to have a setup that works for you - profile it! (instead of trying to tweak other rigs)
    this is the fastest way to get your sound from the Profiler.

once you familiarized yourself with the available parameters a little more, it's easy to edit other profiles according to your tastes.

• since you already seem to have a setup that works for you - profile it! (instead of trying to tweak other rigs)
    this is the fastest way to get your sound from the Profiler.

once you familiarized yourself with the available parameters a little more, it's easy to edit other profiles according to your tastes.

This is great advice. If you have the gear to profile your amp, that's the best way to start. But if not, go into the menus as described above.

The bottom line is that your speakers determine your tone. And with FRFR, some are definitely better than others.

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• Thanks. I will try both of the above.

I was just wondering if the Yamaha is the problem. I just don't know anything about studio monitors. I tried the yamaha and also the Adam a7x and chose the yamaha. The Adam had a very clean sound but it had a bit too much presence to my ears for high-gain guitars. Also, I felt like the difference in the subwoofer size was noticeable but I might be wrong.

-T