Favorite jcm800 profile?

• I've got a slayer tribute show coming up that I'm playing in, and trying to get as close as possible to the seasons in the abyss era tone ( which consequently wasn't recorded with a Marshall, but that's a different story. I've got 2 that are very close, one being the stock Jcm LP profile with the bogner cab, this gets close. The other being that jcm800 and a cabinet I have from a very famous engineer that works really. However, I'm always open to other options, free or commercial. What do you guys recommend? The slayer tone match profiles aren't really my thing, mine are much more "real" sounding to me and natural. Thanks guys.

• Hi VESmedic1,

i made a couple of profiles of a 2203KK head, maybe one suits you. Cab used is a 4 x 12 ENGL Pro V30, miced with a Beta57 and a Sennheiser 609. I did not engage the ASSAULT circuit, in combination with my ESP Hannemann Signature with EMG SPC it did not sound good to me. Thrashing along to SLAYER they sound pretty good to me.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nunl5x1lejavlwx/Hd6mESIQ7K

• Hi VESmedic1,

i made a couple of profiles of a 2203KK head, maybe one suits you. Cab used is a 4 x 12 ENGL Pro V30, miced with a Beta57 and a Sennheiser 609. I did not engage the ASSAULT circuit, in combination with my ESP Hannemann Signature with EMG SPC it did not sound good to me. Thrashing along to SLAYER they sound pretty good to me.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nunl5x1lejavlwx/Hd6mESIQ7K

Oh, wow, you have a Hanneman signature guitar? I'm incredibly jealous ;(

I really wish I could own one, the scale interests me a lot. Most of the standard Eclipses are also 25", but they only have 22 frets :cursing:

Is your profile available on the rig exchange? Big Slayer fan here 8o

• Oh, wow, you have a Hanneman signature guitar? I'm incredibly jealous ;(

I really wish I could own one, the scale interests me a lot. Most of the standard Eclipses are also 25", but they only have 22 frets :cursing:

Is your profile available on the rig exchange? Big Slayer fan here 8o

Not on RE yet, see link in my post. Yeah the Hannemann is a great axe, would't wanna miss it.

• Wow, uncanny! I was searching for a 2203 andG offers the motherload! I've been trying to get a good Zakk Wylde tone for ages. This one nails it, as he uses basically the same amp. This one has KT-88s too, right?
    I like Slayer too, though. A great/must-have offering for metalheads!

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

• Wow, uncanny! I was searching for a 2203 andG offers the motherload! I've been trying to get a good Zakk Wylde tone for ages. This one nails it, as he uses basically the same amp. This one has KT-88s too, right?
    I like Slayer too, though. A great/must-have offering for metalheads!

Hi steeldragon72,

i'm glad the profiles are of some use for you :thumbup: . The 2203KK is equipped with KT88, which in comparison to my TSL100 head gives a more responsive and punching low and mid end. Try adding a graphic eq in stomps using the KK-EQ curve which is somewhat like an inverted V and works like heavy mid boost, i found these settings on the net regarding his old Boss RGE-10 ten band Eq:

31Hz= +3db
    62Hz= +3db
    125Hz= +3db
    250Hz= +5db
    500Hz= +9db
    1kHz= +8db
    2kHz= +6db
    4kHz= +4db
    8kHz= +2db
    16kHz= +0db
    Level= +4db.

As i got the EMG SPC (providing that kind of mid-boost) on my Hanneman i don't need to insert an eq-setting as heavy as mentioned above, but a more shallow version adds even more SLAYER.

• VESmedic1,

i took the link down as Armin gave a warning that some lawyers are searching the web for copyright violations regarding the naming of profiles. I will restore the link when i've renamed them.
    Please enable PM.

Helge