Kemper rack+ matrix gt800fx +2x12 setup help!

• Okay! So I got a matrix gt800fx power amp the other day, and I want to make sure I'm rigging everything up correctly... It is an 800 watt (400 per side) power amp. I am wanting to run it into my avatar 2x12 cab. The cab has two inputs, and is 8 ohms. When running heads with it in the past, I've always just plugged into one of the inputs, never tried both.
    The matrix has two input, a and b. there is a switch for stereo, parallel, or bridged operation. There are two outputs labeled a and b. How should I be rigging this all up? And is there any way I could do this wrong and accidentally damage my amp? Thanks!

• 1. You need to make sure the cabinet is actually wired for stereo, if that's what you're going for. Does the plate with the jacks say anything? If it's "Left" and "Right", you're good, but if it's something like "In" and "Out" you'll need to do some rewiring.

2. You want the stereo setting on the Matrix.

3. On the back of the Kemper, run two 1/4" patch cables from the Left and Right main outputs to the two inputs on the Matrix. Run two 1/4" SPEAKER cables from the Matrix's two outputs to the two jacks on your cabinet. *ONLY DO THIS IF THE CAB IS WIRED IN STEREO OR YOU'LL PROBABLY BLOW SOMETHING UP*

• My cab doesn't have anything on there about Left or Right, or IN/OUT. It just says 8 ohms... hmm....
    Is it okay for me to go from the Monitor output of the kemper to the input A of the Matrix, then from OUtput A of the Matrix to my cab? Will it matter that i'm only using one side of the power amp?

• I think that it should be safe for you to plug kemper monitor out to input A on matrix and then send output A to your cab, leave the matrix switch on stereo and turn input B completely down.

Just be careful if u plan on using marshall cabs with stereo and mono switch. A friend of mine damaged his matrix by using both matrix output connected to the cab inputs but he forgot to set the switch on the cab to stereo.

I have stereo 2x12 and i send kemper monitor out to input A and use both output A and B plugged into the 2 inputs on my cab and set the switch on parallel.

Send a mail to matrix support just to be sure.

• My cab doesn't have anything on there about Left or Right, or IN/OUT. It just says 8 ohms... hmm....
    Is it okay for me to go from the Monitor output of the kemper to the input A of the Matrix, then from OUtput A of the Matrix to my cab? Will it matter that i'm only using one side of the power amp?

That's exactly as I do it. Monitor output of kemper to input A of the Matrix, then output A of the Matrix to one input of the cab.