Two guitars - one KPA

• I use live electric and acoustic guitars, normally I played the electric via the KPA and plugged the acoustic direct in the mixer.
    The Kemper has a lot of great acoustic sounds and it would be cool to use them live, but how can I manage this, two guitars and only one Kemper unit? I have to change often the guitar between the songs so it is not a practical way to unplug/plug always the guitars.
    I´ve tried to make a few rigs where I can use the acoustic in the return input (Loop in A) but this doesn´t work, it crackles all the time. Another way would be the alternate input, but at this time I have to change manually the input source, so I can´t use this in a live performance.
    Any ideas? Thanx!

Play it like you mean it.

• Get a wireless system with two transmitters. If you get a digital one like a line 6 relay 50 you don't suffer from the signal compression that you used to get with the old UHF ones.

If you're on more of a budget then a decent A/B box should do the trick.. two inputs to one output.

• Hey WS,

what kind of PUs do you use in your acoustic guitar? I have a similar setup (piezo-equipped electric guitar with two separate outputs for acoustic and electric) and use the Kemper for both outputs (at the same time). The magnetic signal goes directly into the Front Input at the KPA, the acoustic signal is sent "through" a Lehle Sunday Driver XLR to the KPA's FX input (to adapt the signal to match the FX input without quality loss).

This way I can play "pure electric" and blend in the acoustic signal via FX-Loop from 0 to 100 percent. That gives you really decent tones ;)

But if you're using two different guitars you will have the downside of not having a tuner for your acoustic guitar (that's plugged in via FX input) and thus no Noise Gate. So if you'd like to keep that, maybe an AB-Box like the Lehle Dual (for two guitars) or Lehle 3@1 (for three guitars and MIDI-controlled) would be a better solution for you. Lehle stuff is pricy but top-notch, so I'd go for it (http://lehle.com/EN/start).

Greetings,
    gitarrenteufel