Too much metal....???

• I don't know if I'm the only one, but I'm getting tired of listening to all the metal-demos here, seems to be 99% of all KPA-guitar-players play metal. Don't get me wrong, I like good metal and hard rock. But just dropped down guitars, hi-gain sounds on 11 and no dynamic at all makes me to stop any demo immediately.

I would love to hear a wider range of music in this section and I'm looooooonnnnnggggggiiiiiiing for clean guitar-sounds.... ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• I don't know if I'm the only one, but I'm getting tired of listening to all the metal-demos here, seems to be 99% of all KPA-guitar-players play metal. Don't get me wrong, I like good metal and hard rock. But just dropped down guitars, hi-gain sounds on 11 and no dynamic at all makes me to stop any demo immediately.

I would love to hear a wider range of music in this section and I'm looooooonnnnnggggggiiiiiiing for clean guitar-sounds.... ;)

There is no such thing as "too much metal"... obviously. You´ll just have to wait (or even better - start doing demos yourself) until more kemper users with the same taste of music start recording demos. As a metal fan I love the amount of metal in the community!

• There is no such thing as "too much metal"... obviously. You´ll just have to wait (or even better - start doing demos yourself) until more kemper users with the same taste of music start recording demos. As a metal fan I love the amount of metal in the community!

+1 .

I'm lucky about every single thread and love it to discover new demos no matter if they are metal, jazz or classic rock...
    The more demos the better :D

• I learnt my first riffs on kill'em all by Metallica with a charvel single HB guitar, but growing older keeps you closer to fender amps & single coils and away from heavy stuff I guess !!! I remember the first rectifiers in the 90's , they sounded awful to me, as well as those super distorted pickups , I understood then I was to old for this :D I fount very disappointing that you couldn't hear the strings & woods on your guitar anymore with all this ultra hi-gain gear. Only satisfaction was to have those enormous basses on palm muting riffs, but it bores my very fast now :(

While I'm not a pro , I record a lot for myself ( mainly as a therapy !!) and very often with clean / crunch sounds. I now prefer classic guitars ( tele / strat / LP) with low output pickups . Regarding the dynamics, I prefer not to play with a pick which leads to more subtle attacks, as well as playing with vol & tone pots on my guitars. i find it very rewarding to find the way to match playing style , amp and guitar , a special alchemy that can turn into magic sometimes ...

I just acquired a L5 copy inexpensive jazzbox which is a real challenge to make it sound good, the only amps that fits this guitar are the one before 1960 !!

KPA has this amazing versatility and every guitarist will find his own holy grail from Django Reinhardt style to dropped down metal, which is pretty impressive.

Anyway here are two tracks I recorded this summer on a clean / crunch mood :
    https://soundcloud.com/waraba/charibde-scylla
    https://soundcloud.com/waraba/sevenths-delights-demo

Sorry, my latests track is heavy ( https://soundcloud.com/waraba/fast-forward-psychedelic-mix ) , made for my wife (keyboardist) : " stop this boring Gilmour stuff and show me some dynamic stuff X( ) "

• well metal isn't a bad thing :D

anyway i think I agree with nakedzen, there needs to be more of everything else, and not less metal.

I guess it's the peoples' choice to buy kemper because you either buy a real high gain amplifier, or the kemper if you want a real heavy tone that sounds realistic. I mean, the axe-fx is good n all but I just don't feel like it reaches the same level.

anyway I pretty much hear all of the samples people showcase here, and I don't really think anyone should consider not putting their demo up just cause this subforum could be saturated with their genre. what I do think metal players should consider is to branch out to different genres, if just to experiment!

• I think so many metal players choose the KPA because other devices (POD, 11Rack, Digitech RP series, Axe-FX, etc) can do pretty good cleans and low gain stuff. The real trick is to make a digital device do great high gain, esp modern high gain, without sounding fizzy, buzzy, or lifeless. Clean and lower gain players have so many other options. For the headbangers, the KPA is the best option.

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• I used to be the same way, metal all the way (in the late 80's-early 90's) but over the last 5 years or so I find myself loving the tone of the middle & neck singles.

I thought I would never get a guitar with single coils of any type and alsways have 2 humbuckers, but now I have to have the HSS (or HSH) config mandatory.

I would love to record some samples, I just don't have anything to record on at the moment.

• I think so many metal players choose the KPA because other devices (POD, 11Rack, Digitech RP series, Axe-FX, etc) can do pretty good cleans and low gain stuff. The real trick is to make a digital device do great high gain, esp modern high gain, without sounding fizzy, buzzy, or lifeless. Clean and lower gain players have so many other options. For the headbangers, the KPA is the best option.

Really interesting point of view, because I think it's quite easy to find good metal sounds and there are endless amps for it on the market. But to find a good clean sound (nice and warm like the old Fender's) or a nice crunch, voxy one is much harder. I don't know Axe-FX & Co, but I know all PODs from the beginning and the clean sounds are far away from warm and vivid.

Anway, the KPA can do everything, so let's be thankful. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Really interesting point of view, because I think it's quite easy to find good metal sounds and there are endless amps for it on the market. But to find a good clean sound (nice and warm like the old Fender's) or a nice crunch, voxy one is much harder. I don't know Axe-FX & Co, but I know all PODs from the beginning and the clean sounds are far away from warm and vivid.

Now that is intresting! I always thought the clean/crunch tones all the other modellers produced sounded as good as any others but the metal sounds didn´t. Well I guess it really comes down to what music you love and it seems that the kemper dominates every style :D

• Really interesting point of view, because I think it's quite easy to find good metal sounds and there are endless amps for it on the market. But to find a good clean sound (nice and warm like the old Fender's) or a nice crunch, voxy one is much harder. I don't know Axe-FX & Co, but I know all PODs from the beginning and the clean sounds are far away from warm and vivid.

Oh, I agree that there are lots of great metal amps on the market (I think I've owned almost all of them!). I was just commenting that there isn't another digital device that can recreate such great high gain sounds live.

Recording is another story. Studio magic goes a long way to helping a POD dirty tones.

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• Pretty decent variety here. Either way, I have been totally inspired by TAF Fender Deluxe and Trainwreck profiles lately. I am working on a few clips with these in mind that I will post for sure.