Too much metal....???

• I totally agree. I really dig metal, but cookie monster vocals are a turnoff.

You won't be hearing any metalcore at our gig Friday night!

Hey, cookie monster's got some pretty decent lyrics:

[Youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWac5UT80no[/Youtube]

In all honesty I actually envy anyone who can just turn off what they do not like to listen to. I am stuck in a love-hate relationship with metal where I really like a lot of different guitar and drums from all styles of metal but hate any really heavy singing in lots of it. I kind of found my place and enjoy a lot of the bands with the dial voices/singers that alternate the decent lyrics and heavy stuff.

• Inspired by this thread I went out yesterday and got my self a red strat! (early birthday present from my wife). I never owned a strat in my life and I must admit I've been missing a lot. It's nothing fancy, just a Mexican Standard Stratocaster, it's really good quality and plays amazingly well though. I am used to humbucker guitars and this one is very different. I may even record some blues - it sounds great with various Marshall and Fender profiles. :)

• Inspired by this thread I went out yesterday and got my self a red strat! (early birthday present from my wife). I never owned a strat in my life and I must admit I've been missing a lot. It's nothing fancy, just a Mexican Standard Stratocaster, it's really good quality and plays amazingly well though. I am used to humbucker guitars and this one is very different. I may even record some blues - it sounds great with various Marshall and Fender profiles. :)

Hi, looks like you're growing older ;) The strat is a super comfortable instrument indeed , and you'll be able to play almost all styles with it. welcome to the single coils club & enjoy twang / crunch for real :)

• There´s just too much average and boring stuff around. Not just in metal... But there are still some nice gems out there. Check this out:

http://www.metalstorm.net/even…omments.php?news_id=21011

I´ll defnitely be going. This is a once in a lifetime chance to see some of the best musicians play a Chuck Schuldiner Tribute Tour. Can´t wait.

I would love to see one of these shows. Evil Chuck Schuldiner was a big influence on me. Seeing DiGiorgio, Masvidal and Reinert play that material would be insane.

Interesting that you would call it one of the nice gems out there nearly a decade after his untimely death. People would say the same thing about a Metallica song they never heard, I think. :thumbup:

Strats are awesome. Great sound and feedback from those single coils. I love to watch Yngwie and Adrian Smith destroy the place with those things \m/

What a fantastic wife to get you something ahead of your birthday :thumbup:

• Ears burning from metal demo after metal demo you yearn for just one drop of the cool chimy-clangy. But lo, it's too late, for the dark lord has you. Your mouse click finger belongs to you no more... again and again, you click the soundcloud links against your will.

Do you work for one of those companies that pay people for that kind of behaviour? ^^

• Do you work for one of those companies that pay people for that kind of behaviour? ^^

Lol, no. Just amused by objections to the quantity of non-compulsory metal demos and the nature of threads that take positions on completely subjective topics. Do the mods have a Move Thread To Gearslutz option?

Tire easily of only 6 dB dynamic range?... No problem, simply redo your growing up years listening to what those your age are into.

• Check out TheAmpFactory.com. They have a ton of REALLY good profiles made on badass boutique amps and low gain stuff. I feel the same way you do. It seems like the metal heads are generally the first to pick up on new technology (since they seem to be less tube purists than say the blues crowd), see line6, AxeFx, Kemper etc. But yeah, check out TAF for their low gain stuff. Very good indeed.