New PowerRack owner here!

• Hello all!

I bought my PowerRack 10 days ago, after months of salivating over the prospect of a Kemper with built in power amp, then 3 months of trying to find a way to convince the missus that I HAD to have one, hehe. My rack case and controller are on order, however I already gigged with it on Friday, using it in conjunction with my conventional pedalboard set up, in the place of my regular amp through a Marshall 1936 2X12. After switching off the cab sim and tweaking the low end a little, it sounded awesome playing through a Twin profile. Fantastic stuff!

I'm still working through the manual (haven't really touched the effects yet!), and sometime this weekend I'm going to take it in to the studio to profile my Mesa Boogie V-Twin => Mesa 20/20 system through a couple of different cabs and mics, before flogging the Mesa gear on Ebay! Even if it only did amp profiling, I'm already totally content with my PowerRack. Despite certain Internet opinions, it really works! If it didn't, I'd be making use of the 14-days return policy, that's for sure.

As the owner of my own small studio, juggling making music for media whilst producing up-and-coming bands on the side, as well as playing the odd session gig, the Kemper on paper fits my needs perfectly. Time will tell, but I'm extremely confident that that will prove to be the case. Even if it doesn't, it's a hell of a fun piece of kit!

Cheers,
    Sam

• Thanks a lot, guys.

I'm falling deeper and deeper in love with my Kemper! Now I just need my controller and case to arrive and I'll be over the moon.
    I'm planning on making my first few profiles this weekend, I'll post when they're up on the profile exchange. Would be great to find out what you guys think:-)
    For the record, I'll be using SSL pres, SM57, AKG C414 B-ULS and Røde NTK mics (separately and in tandem) to capture the amp. Should be interesting!

Cheers,
    Sam

• OK, so here are the first profiles from my very first profiling session. I'm afraid that my Mesa Boogie V-Twin needs a bit of love and care (lesson : NEVER leave your gear in a damp attic for years...!), so these are just what I could get out of it before it started to make too many funny noises (the power connector needs resoldering and all pots need cleaning). They're quite usable, though. The Drive1 profile however isn't quite the sound that was coming out of the original; the Kemper didn't seem able to capture a fuzzy oversaturation in the low end, but that'll be work for another time when the amp is healthier. All in all, it was a very exciting and satisfying exercise! :)

Info about the profiling conditions :

Profiled using an American Standard Telecaster (single coils) into a Mesa Boogie V-Twin rackmount, Mesa Boogie 20/20 Poweramp (silverface), through a Marshall 1936 2X12 in mono (8 Ohms). Recorded using a blend of Shure SM57 and Røde NTK mics through SSL Super Analogue pres, at a distance of just about two inches from the cone.

Hope you enjoy them!

Cheers,
    Sam

PROFILES!!!!

ps. also uploaded to Rigexchange

Edited 2 times, last by sambrox ().