Soon I will be among the elite!

• My wife has approved me purchasing the Kemper! Thought it would be better to ask, although she has known I have been waiting patiently for over a year to pull the trigger. To say I'm excited is an understatement! I have owned/sold every modeler on the market since the POD. I was going to go for that other guy a ways back especially when that other guy released a version II. Then I started reading about this nifty little contraption called a profiler. I was torn, but kept listening to samples from both and easily heard the difference with the KPA. One other thing that helped my decision is the level of decorum between the two producers of these incredible units. I don't think I need to touch on that much more, as one clearly wins hands down over the other!

I have followed the forum for the past year or so and have kept an eye and ear on the best profiles submitted by users. Have listened to AF and Soundside profiles as well as others like Silent Underground. I have saved the gems such as Marshall Golub,Morgan 20, Caveman, Ola Englund etc. I don't have much for questions quite yet as I want the unit in my hands and have played it for a week or so before I submit my query's. Just wanted to say hello and can't wait to join this crazy online family. Btw, I have decided on the white toaster. Just love the look of it, oh and I hear it sounds more retro than the black. ;)

• Hello Topher,

Welcome to the family! You will love your KPA, no doubt about it. I have mine for almost a year and I still amazed by how good it sounds and what it can do.

I had to go without my KPA for about two weeks and had to reuse some of my old stuff (POD HD500 and VG-99). I was really disappointed in the POD and still pretty impressed with my VG-99 considering. But when I received my KPA back, I was really in awe to notice again how good and feels and sound.

Cheers,

Marc.

• Hi and welcome, you will be blown away !!!!!!! I waited about a year before buying in similar circumstances and have now had 1 about 2 months, just cannot believe how good the Kemper is, a truly amazing product !!!!!! :thumbup:

• Welcome!

What part of Michigan do you live in?

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• Desiato,I am from Petoskey. Originally a Yooper from Escanaba. Guitartone, I will be getting the non-powered white lunchbox. For the time being I will be running them through Behringer Truth (5in) monitors. In the future I would like to purchase either a FR setup like an RCF, Mackie etc. Also, I was looking into the Port City Waves 2 x12 cab and then figure out what to power it with. First I have to cure my GAS with buying the Kemper then who knows lol. ?(

• Desiato,I am from Petoskey. Originally a Yooper from Escanaba. Guitartone, I will be getting the non-powered white lunchbox. For the time being I will be running them through Behringer Truth (5in) monitors. In the future I would like to purchase either a FR setup like an RCF, Mackie etc. Also, I was looking into the Port City Waves 2 x12 cab and then figure out what to power it with. First I have to cure my GAS with buying the Kemper then who knows lol. ?(

Think very carefully about buying the Poweramp version.

You'll be spending far more money on the RCF, Mackie or other FRFR than you will paying the extra now for the poweramp...I speak from a lot of experience. :)

Btw, I run mine through Behringer B2031 'Truth' monitors as well, sounds killer.

YOOOOP! Glad to have you in the LP :) And nice choice on your KPA - ya gotta love the original white toaster.

Think very carefully about buying the Poweramp version.

You'll be spending far more money on the RCF, Mackie or other FRFR than you will paying the extra now for the poweramp...I speak from a lot of experience. :)

Btw, I run mine through Behringer B2031 'Truth' monitors as well, sounds killer.

I guess a lot of it depends on where you live. I just bought a Yamaha DRX10 for $599 shipped (that is MAP), which as you know gets you both the amp and speaker. The upcharge for the poweramp alone in the U.S. is $665, and you'd still need to spend more money to buy a quality cab/monitor.

I'm not saying the powered toaster or rack is a bad idea - it's certainly VERY compact and convenient. Just adding some food for thought.

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• Welcome - You'll surly enjoy the digital box this time - I tried and sold almost all other digital stuff before too.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de