Kemper Rigs with no preset number for midi? / 1st time exploring

• Ok, so I've been frustrated since April when I bout my Kemper, well not that frustrated, more like avoiding.
    nothing seemed the way I was used to programming stuff, I'm used to Mesa, TC etc..
    Anyways I start messing around, midi controller is set to 1 and it works, whala

Now when I program say 111 preset on Kemper to 1 on my foot controller and 88 on Kemper to 2 on my foot controller, it works
    problem is, that was just a test
    Now I go to the amp factory preset I bought and it does not have a a ready to go "midi preset number" showing...??
    I've never run into this, not sure how to find it via midi

anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm sure it is simple

I'm not sure if performance mode would be better, but I'm trying to make all my rigs in the browse mode and just recall them with the foot controller
    but nothing is what it seems as far as preset numbers with which to recall my favorites

• Hi Mixohoytian,

it's all in the manual.

Quote:
    Rig change in BROWSE MODE
    You can assign up to 128 Midi Program change Numbers to your rigs. These assignments are done in the
    SYSTEM Menu on page “Browse Mode Program Change”.
    To assign a Program Change Number to a rig, first select the rig in the Browse Mode. Then press the SYS- TEM button. Navigate to the MIDI Settings page using the right page button, select a desired Program Change Number using the soft knob labeled “MIDI PrgChg#” and then press the soft button labeled “As- sign”. Use the soft button labeled “Unassign” to unassign a rig.
    ♦ Rig change in PERFORMANCE MODE
    The PERFORMANCE MODE offers 125 performances, each with five slots, allowing you to store up to 625 rigs. A typical use for a performance would be to have all the sounds you need for a song in one conve- nient place.
    All slots in the PERFORMANCE MODE have fixed MIDI assignments. There are two methods available to load rigs via MIDI:
    With the “relative” method, you can step or scroll through the list of performances using MIDI control change #48/49. These two controllers should be assigned to the “Bank” buttons of your remote controller.. MIDI control change #50-54 will load the rig stored in slots 1-5 within the present performance.

This should help.