Kemper FCB1010 HELP!!! (SOLVED)

• I have the FCB1010 connected to the Kemper but there is nothing on the screen of the Kemper saying it recognizes the FCB1010

What I already tried:
    1) Got new Midi cables
    2) Midi setting in Omni mode
    3) Tried FCB1010 original
    4) Tried FCB1010 UnO
    5) Tried FCB1010 UnO for K
    6) Tried different FCB1010 unit
    7) Midi cables in appropriate in/out place (triple checked)

I am new to the Kemper. Does the screen display when an external Midi controller is connected?
    Is this something that only occurs with the FCB1010 Uno for K chip?
    Is my Kemper malfunctioning?

Thanks for the Help

The problem was a firmware glitch that was corrected when I upgraded from 2.0.1 to 2.1.1
    Both FCB1010 units worked properly when connected to my computer using the FCB_UnO_ControlCenter

Edited once, last by veus55: Problem solved ().

• I use a stock FCB1010. The Kemper does NOT display anything when it's connected. Does it still work and change channels? If so...it's fine.

Thanks, but the FCB with UnO for Kemper is supposed to show on the display when connected, according to their instructions

• Let me tell you a very funny story...well, I think it's hilarious and proves what a dumbass I am. :)

I had four Uno4Kemper chips.
    When I used the third one I put the old Behringer chip in the envelope Xavier sent all four in and stored the last Uno4K chip in a 'safe' place.
    A few weeks later I needed to use the last one in a FCB1010 at a music store.
    I was in a rush, so I grabbed the envelope (with the old 2002 Behringer chip in it) and rushed off to the music store.
    The manager was gassing to put the new chip in the FCB so we quickly pulled out the Behringer chip from the unit, I grabbed the "new" chip from the envelope, we fitted it, screwed the FCB back together and rushed off to the Kemper and connected up.

Three hours later the manager and guys working in the store still can't get the FCB to work with the Kemper and no display on the screen indicating the KPA is recognising the FCB.
    7 o'clock at night the manager phones me and tells me to bring in my KPA because there must be something wrong with the KPA in the store.
    I rush to the store with my KPA, same thing, my KPA also doesn't link with the FCB.
    The manager and I are sitting in his office and my mind suddenly starts remembering the day I 'hid' the last Uno4K chip in a 'safe' place.

To cut a long story short, we put an old 2002 FCB chip into a new 2013 FCB and the Uno4K chip was still sitting in my hiding place at home.
    The next day when I arrived at the store with the Uno4K chip the manager made me stick a piece of paper on my back saying "Idiot of the week", and he made me wear it until I left the store. :D

Question: Are you 100% certain you have the Uno4K chip in your FCB and not the old Behringer chip? :thumbup:

• Yes, two cables are hooked and I have the "original", UnO and UnO for Kemper.

My Kemper is new so I want to make sure I try different things before I return it and get a new one. I am still within the 30 day return policy.

• Just to make sure:
    You connected the FBCs midi out to Kemper midi out and vice versa?

Does the FCB work with another midi device?

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• I am connecting the FCB out to Kemper in and vice versa

I have not tried it with another device since I don't have one available

You connected the FBCs midi out to Kemper midi out and vice versa?

Actually, the Kemper's MIDI out must be connected to the FCB's MIDI in, and the Kemper's MIDI in must be connected to the FCB's MIDI out.

Edit: I just saw that HELL-G pointed this out. Sorry for the duplicate post.

• At this point it is clear the problem is the Kemper unit. There must be something wrong with the midi connectors. I am still within the 30 day return policy.

• Have you done a full calibration of the FB1010 after you installed til Uno 4 kemper chip?

http://www.behringer.com/assets/FCB1010_P0089_M_EN.pdf
    I did this before i connect it til KPA and it has worked well all the time.

Only thing I haven't figured out is when the KPA is in browser mode the midi changes works well. As long as i have assigned each preset to the correct midi number. When I press banks up or down the presets dont change until I step on a preset button.
    But when in Performance mode the preset changes to the corresponding preset in the bank I'm change to. Ex. when on preset number 2 in bank 1 it changes to preset number 2 in bank to when I press bank up. Someone having the same problem?
    Havnet tride that much to find out whats causing it. I only use 10 presets so I run the KPA i browser mode for the moment.