Kemper FCB1010 HELP!!! (SOLVED)

• I would truly source other MIDI cables first as it would be very rare an unlikely that its the kemper.

+1
    I cannot remember, that we ever had a defect MIDI connector. At this point we don't know yet, if the FCB 1010 isn't sending, the cable isn't transmitting or the Profiler isn't receiving, but there is high probability it's a cable-problem and it's the easiest to fix.

As soon as the Profiler detects Uno4Kemper you will see a confirmation on page 6 of the System menu.

Assuming that one cable is defect, you could perform the following test: Just test ONE cable after the other to connect the FCB 1010 MIDI Out with the Profiler MIDI In. No cable should be connected from Profiler MIDI Out to FCB 1010 MIDI In. This should enable a backup mode with limited functionality. The Profiler doesn't recognize, that Uno4Kemper is connected, but receives and executes MIDI commands. You should be able to control Volume and Wah via pedals, if the FCB 1010 had been calibrated before. If this should work with one cable and doesn't with the other, you will have identified the defect cable.

• But when in Performance mode the preset changes to the corresponding preset in the bank I'm change to. Ex. when on preset number 2 in bank 1 it changes to preset number 2 in bank to when I press bank up. Someone having the same problem?
    Havnet tride that much to find out whats causing it. I only use 10 presets so I run the KPA i browser mode for the moment.

This is by design. If any footcontroller is sending a MIDI CC#48, the Profiler immediately executes this. We are planning a preference in one of our next firmware versions, so that the Profiler would wait for another comand to adress one of the five slots within the selected performance and not load anything automatically.

• Perhaps there's a problem with the UNO4Kemper chip?
    Perhaps it's not a UNO4Kemper chip?
    Perhaps it's not installed correctly (although if it's back to front nothing works on the FCB, no lights, nothing).
    Perhaps one of the Midi ports on the FCB is faulty?

• As I have stated from the initial post, I tried to connect the FCB1010 with MIDI cables that have been working before and no luck. Anyway I bought a new pair of MIDI cables and it did not work either

I tried first a FCB unit I bought used with a regular eprom, a UnO chip AND a UnO for Kemper chip with poor results

I bought a brand new FCB1010 and tried all three chips again with similar poor results

At this point I must assume that the problem is the Kemper. I will try to get a new unit since I am within the 30 day return policy. I love the Kemper, but it is useless if I can't control it for live use.

• I don't know about 2.0.1, but in 2.1.1 you can go to the System menu and look at page 9 - if your KPA is seeing the FCB, it will tell you that there's a UnO for Kemper configured.

HTH!

• So will the UnO for Kemper work properly with the 2.1.1

I will upgrade which means I will do a hard reset so see if it works

• Fixed the problem!!!!
    The Kemper's firmware that came with my unit somehow was corrupted.

There was nothing wrong with either of the 2 FCB1010 units as I was able to connect to the computer and use the FCB_UnO_ControlCenter and confirm that both were working properly and sending the correct information.

When I upgraded to 2.1.1 the units worked as they should.

I hope this thread serves as a guide on how to trouble shoot a problem with a Kemper and a FCB1010.
    I have gone through so much, I am sure I can be a good resource of knowledge for anyone with a problem.
    Cheers!!!