Kemper Amplification Yamaha DXR 10 vs. Yamaha DXR 12

• Hello,

need an amplification for my Kemper for home, practice room and stage.

I play hard n heavy stuff, so it is important for me to have the bass pressure (at least almost) of a 2x12 or 4x12 cabinet.

Atomic CLR, Matrix Q12 and RCF are no option, because i would need 2 of them and thats to expensive.
    EV, QSC are out too, not because of the price but i think Yamaha and KPA Solutions are better.
    Will spend around 1200 €.

So i think i have 4 choices.

2 x Yamaha DXR 10
    2 x Yamaha DXR 12
    1 x KPA Solutions BlueAmps Ultimate
    1 x KPA Solutions BlueAmps 212 FR-A

Here in the Kemper forum many people are talking about and buying the Yamaha DXR 10.
    Why not the Yamaha DXR 12 ? Doesn´t it gives a bit more punch and pressure ?
    Or are there a problem with the 12" Version and the DXR 10 is a better choice ?

Second question is, gives me the DXR 10 or the DXR 12 enough pressure on stage to compete with a 2x12 Vintage 30 cabinet of our second guitar player ?

And the last question is, am i right or should i go for another solution.

Thanks, Marcus ...

• Hi Marcus,

I just got my DXR10 and have spent a few hours of quality time with it... first impression is extremely positive and I'm delighted with it.

As for your concern about being "out-staged" by your band's other guitarist with his 2x12 V30's ABSOLUTELY NO WORRIES. 131db of sound pressure is extremely loud. If you need a chunky fat sound like when palm-muting or using low tunings, you may feel the dxr10 a bit lacking, in fact the dxr12 and dxr15 main difference with the dxr10 is that they are able to handle lower frequencies.

For the price I think the DXR 10 is really hard to beat as the perfect KPA companion, I haven't tried the CLR yet (I'm on the wait list and may score one in the near future) but being almost twice as expensive and the difference not being dramatic, although sensible (according to Ingolf's extensive side by side review) , when compared to the DXR10, You can't go wrong with it.

I advise you try to find some retailer or even a company that rents equipment, and test drive the different DXR's so you can find the right one for you.

Good luck with your choices!!.

Matt.

• If you want the pressure of a 4x12 I would go for the Blue Amp. I have used the 212 FR-A for many months and it really kills. The Ultimate is even better (though I've not tried it, but is what the developper of Blue Amps uses live). I had the QSC K-12 and I definitely prefer the Blue Amp. Just my taste/feel.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I think for next time i can live with one cab.

KPA Solutions are out ...
    Matrix are back in :) .

Now the question :

Matrix Q12a or Yamaha DSR 12