Boost

• Perhaps another dumb question :D , but how do you guys implement a boost (for solos) in your rigs?

i use a diezel vh4 with a g-system. the g-system has a boost-button. that means that all preset levels are globally reduced by the amount the boost is set at.
    that means: regular presets at -6db, when hit boost at 0db (resulting in a 6db boost relaitvely for soloing).

how do i implement such a function in the solely used kpa? my concept was to use a clean booster in the x-section. but in order to not overload the output i have to reduce the preset volume of all presets in advance.
    are there more elegant ways?

• i'd like to be able to give every preset a boost on demand... that's why i'd like to switch something on while staying on the preset. otherwise i'd have to double all presets...

• Faced same issue, my solo patches were clipping the output and they never seemed loud enough.
    I had to set my loudest rythm patch at -2db and balance all the other rythm patches with less volume so that i can apply a 5db boost to them if i want for a quick lick. My solo patches are around 3db and if i want to go really crazy and kick in a 3db boost i still can :)
    I took some time to understand that i should lower master volume when clipping the mixer input and lower volume when clipping the kemper's output.
    It would be really interesting how you guys balance your patches and if there's an easier way to do it :)

• yes there is another ( but underrated ) approach : use the wah pedal booster . Set your max desired gain (lead) on a specific rig , dial the FX range to -100.

This way play clean & rhythm parts with the wah up , and boost both volume & gain by putting your wah down

It works especially well with classic rock amps rigs & where the whole range of gain is usable (JTA cream 45 , morgan AC 20 ... )

Also a killer method to find the sweet spots of a rig , play with your both hands and adjust gain with the foot , I often lock my wah booster while trying new rigs

• would be cool if kemper implemented a boost without having to sacrifice a stomp or fx slot... no need for a button on the kpa but an on/off- function per cc (midi board) and a meter for 0-10db boost range.