MB Dual Recto MW profiles

• To my understanding you only need the cab (from a merged profile) to send a full profile to FOH (from main out).

But of course if you mic your 2x12 cabinet you won't need a direct line to FOH so in that case you can do with a DI/merged profile without a cab or disable the cab..

• Rest of the Kemper works the same as before. There Merged ones don't sound better when going direct. They just provide a better Amp/Cab seperation for people who like their cab on stage and for people who have their Top 10 virtual Cabs (made with 3.0) stored in their Kemper.

• Awesome profiles! One of the best recto profiles I've tried. Thank you!

Just a quick question. Are the Direct Amp profiles the same profiles you used to make merged profiles?

Edited once, last by cefizl ().

• ok. I will definitely use the mentioned profile for direct use, i.e. studio linking.

but I hope the cab separation won't be available only with monitor out and not with main outs...since the power amp is stereo I can always double the single monitor out to get to the power amp with two cables...loosing the stereo though......

anyboy can teach me something else?

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Hey, are you Björn Gottfridsson? If you are, i posted a rig tip today, because the Rectifier rigs a awesome. I have uploaded a modified rig with a rectifier cab from lasse lammert in rig ex just to compare your cab to this one.
    Great job, if its you :thumbup:

• I have just read the manual attached to 3.0.2 FW.....

first it states that it is now useful to use a tube power amp, which instead I have, since the profile has the power amp already into the rig. guess it is the sound colour thing that is in discussion here.

later in the manual it is analized the use with a monitor out for monitoring the sound on stage and the main out going to the mixer/PA system.

so I need to know if the cab separation is only achieved using the monitor out only. because as far as I did test the kpa, already 3 years in every kind of stage, there was non situation in which the kemper sounded the same. what I'm trying to say is that the kemper in the stage mixer is very sound dependant from the PA speakers which never sound the same. that meant to me that I never had a profile which was ready to be used as it was....always had spend some time to tweak the sound, something that happens, instead, with a kemper/power amp/guitar cabinet scenario....or with a personal FR monitor

all tips are welcome.....

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Hi, i have seen and meet Thomas Dill on his kpa workshop tour. I asked him the same question. Are you tweaking on stage? He says no. Normaly the the pa channel is setted absolutely linear. A little tweak a the mixer and thats it, no tweaking in the kpa. See his video on you tube, search for thomas dill.

• I dont think the cab profiles are changed through the merging process, only direct amp profiles. Cant test, but i bet if you take the cab from before merging and the same cab after merging and try them both on a different profile, youll get identical sound.

• Awesome profiles! One of the best recto profiles I've tried. Thank you!

Just a quick question. Are the Direct Amp profiles the same profiles you used to make merged profiles?

Yes, the Direct Amp profiles are the one I used to make merged profiles from.

Hey, are you Björn Gottfridsson? If you are, i posted a rig tip today, because the Rectifier rigs a awesome. I have uploaded a modified rig with a rectifier cab from lasse lammert in rig ex just to compare your cab to this one.
    Great job, if its you :thumbup:

Hi,
    Yes, I am Björn Gottfridsson.
    Have to check the rig tip you posted :)
    I know my cab´s are probaly not the best one´s but I think thats the beauty with version 3.0.x, just change the cab to something better :)

• Hi,
    Just uploaded some more profiles to RE.
    This time from the Orange Modern Channel and Maxon OD808, (same setting in every profile).
    KPA version 3.0.2
    DI, (DAP) made with Behringer Ultra-G and Mesa Slave Out. (For testing if there is a difference).
    Merged Profiles from DI, (Direct Amp Profile), and CAB from ST, (Studio Profile).
    Studio Profiles made with different mics, (SM57, GA FC2 (sheap condenser U87 copy) and blended with SM57 + GA FC2. (More info in the profiles).

Enjoy if you like :)

// Björn

• I love your latest batch with the blends! The merged are my favorite by an inch, but I can hardly tell a difference from the studios; something about merged I like intrinsically.

• I love your latest batch with the blends! The merged are my favorite by an inch, but I can hardly tell a difference from the studios; something about merged I like intrinsically.

Thank´s oozish :)
    The Merged profiles is DI profile + CAB from Studio profile.
    Same settings on the amp and od808.
    Should sound similar as the Studio profile :)
    But I also feel a little difference or maybe it's in my mind?

• Its def real close. I thought i heard a difference at first but convinced myself that maybe i was just imagining things. Now that yall are saying u hear it too i feel less crazy. Regardless i cant say one is better than the other. Its very subtle