2.2 Midi Assignments failing

• Warning - I have updated yesterday before a gig on the new FW 2.2, to determine on stage that SOME (not all) rigs were not assigned correct anymore. I can not say whether this is related to the name of the rigs (since there is not all concerned) or whether it is a general bug of the FW. That was an honest nasty surprise! :cursing:
    Here in the forum many users have written that the new firmware worked perfectly, so I trusted but - in the future, I will not change the FW before a gig without without to try it through its paces.

Is the error occurred at someone else?

Play it like you mean it.

• i know you already know this, but NEVER, never update prior to a gig or something 'precious'.

here in Italy we say: "team that wins you don't change".....or something similar.

I'm in studio right now to record my CD and I'm still with 2.0.1 because it's perfect and 100% stable. I know there are lots of new features in the new firware, but since the actual one serves me fine, I won't change it until I have some weeks of no gigs/studio so that in case I can solve the problems.

if I don't get wrong, the firmware always comes with a warning from the team to never update prior to something important.

anyways......you have the time now to get rid of the issues, right? ;)

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• OTOH, restoring a backup only takes few minutes.

Yes, but that only works if you have a USB stick it on which is not the latest firmware. Because I was so stupid and have the latest firmware written to my USB stick, so I was not able to downgrade on stage. ;(
    My fault - but out of stupidity awareness I´ll learn and that will never happen to me again.

Play it like you mean it.

• :)

A Greek gentleman some time ago said that awareness of own ignorance is the beginning of wisdom. True, we can learn from our mistakes... but it's not mandatory. A good planning and thinking ahead is good as well :)

Talking about USB sticks, since they're quite cheap nowadays (and not always fail-proof) and the smallest ones will do the trick, I'd advise you to always take a couple of them with your last trustable setup plus one with the last FW in your guitar bag\case.

There are other tricks you might want to get to know, feel free to d/l the pdf in my sig.

Have fun!