My Favourite

• Because being a "favourite" is per definition part of a rig. It is not a folder.

You can select the "Favourites" view and then "export current view" in the USB menu. You'll find all (and only these) your favourites in the Shared folder on your USB stick.

Timo

• IOW, when you export a backup and re-import it, you favourites will still be there, as long as the "Owner name" in your machine is unchanged.

Note that restoring your backup (or your favourite rigs previously saved via the method Timo suggests here above) on a different machine will make your favourite lose their status, since Favourite is a class which applies to the rigs whose author is the owner of the machine.

HTH

PS: you'll be able to find other info on the matter in the wiKPA (you can download it from my sig).

• to answer the question: to prevent redundancies:

A fav folder would mean you had to copy the rig there and in case you change it, keep track of both files - the changes - in the favorites and in the rigs folder.
    Very bad programming. A much better way is to save a link or reference to the file in a separate table.

H

90% of the game is half-mental.

• That is wrong. It is necessary to keep the favourite information intact though you copied/exported/imported it etc.

Timo

I do not believe you understood correctly what I said.

If Kemper had designed a favorite folder where the fav rigs would be copied to you would have 2 copies of the same rig on the Kemper. That is called redundancy and would lead to potential inconsistancies between the copied file and the original, once you start editing your rig. A link that is stored in a separate table and points to the physical file prevents that.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• I do not believe you understood correctly what I said.

If Kemper had designed a favorite folder where the fav rigs would be copied to you would have 2 copies of the same rig on the Kemper. That is called redundancy and would lead to potential inconsistancies between the copied file and the original, once you start editing your rig. A link that is stored in a separate table and points to the physical file prevents that.

I understood, what you've written. But that wouldn't cover the other things I mentioned, like keeping the favourite state when a rig is copied outside the system and back. Only a full backup would have covered that.

Timo