Are the 2.2 updated rigs all high gain profiles?

• That's what I think I saw. I tried them and with the exception of one clean, unless I'm playing metal or hard rock, these are useless to me.

Seems a lot of metal players out are digging the Kemper but what about those of us who play more straight up stuff? Anything new?

Thanks,
    RC

• That's what I think I saw. I tried them and with the exception of one clean, unless I'm playing metal or hard rock, these are useless to me.

Seems a lot of metal players out are digging the Kemper but what about those of us who play more straight up stuff? Anything new?

Thanks,
    RC

I agree. :thumbup:

IMO, Most of the high gain stuff sounds the same. Bogner, Diezel, Soldano, etc.....I can't tell the difference.....it's all maxed out and fuzzed out.
    I'd rather have some more crunch and over driven type amps. Some of us play music that's more like Steely Dan, Robben Ford, Black Crowes, Tom Petty, etc.....that range of the crunch/dirt spectrum. I think I have *1* high gain amp set up for AC/DC tunes the band plays, but otherwise, I live in low to mid gain territory.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• I agree. :thumbup:

IMO, Most of the high gain stuff sounds the same. Bogner, Diezel, Soldano, etc.....I can't tell the difference.....it's all maxed out and fuzzed out.
    I'd rather have some more crunch and over driven type amps. Some of us play music that's more like Steely Dan, Robben Ford, Black Crowes, Tom Petty, etc.....that range of the crunch/dirt spectrum. I think I have *1* high gain amp set up for AC/DC tunes the band plays, but otherwise, I live in low to mid gain territory.

The Lasse Lammert Pack is all high-gain.

this is on the exchange and received quite some votes: DUMBLE 1978 Clean

90% of the game is half-mental.

Edited once, last by bigHF ().

This accurately sums up how I feel. Not saying all those hundreds and hundreds of Marshall rigs sound bad, in fact I love several but finding a good semi clean or crunch profile is a lot more challenging.

• For me the best semi clean and crunch Profiles are right there in the original factory presets.

Once you've been through all the commercial Profiles go back to the originals.
    Matchless Chieftan (The Chief)
    Bad Cat (Bad Kittie)
    Fuchs (Fux - Peter Fischer)
    Basically, Peter Fischer, Uwe Bossert, Gondwana, Alan Littens Nashville Profiles, etc.
    Also search for M.Franzkowiak.

The original factory presets were made to be tweaked, they're very neutral basic Profiles...add a Compressor, turn up the Gain a little, and pure clean becomes slight crunch.

Hi.

As I'm sure you know, you can turn down the gain (~3,5) of a hi-gain profile to create a nice crunch sound. This works actually much better than with a real amp.

Also you can sort the profiles by gain, so you're staying in the same sonic territory and as Guitartone pointed out, there are quite a few (underappreciated) factory crunch sounds available.

Last but not least, we are working on Rig Packs that will cover this area, since we are well aware that the metal sector (Merrow, Englund, Lammert) is very well represented now.

• Here's a great example.

This is Gundy Keller's "Chickpick" Profile...brilliant!
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…3558%20-%20ChickPick.kipr

LOTS to learn right here...original Factory Profile being used.
    Tube Train Snarl - Valve Train 416 - Valve Train 416 w/ Eminence - Telefunken AK47mkII

Notice how he uses the Compressor, his FX are also excellent.
    I save the Cab, save the FX, and Compressor, then use them on other Factory Profiles to juice them up.

• Thanks everyone.
    Don, sounds like the team is aware of this as well and I appreciate that it's on the itinerary.

I've used a lot of profiles by bringing down the gain. My concern or question was primarily about all the new profiles being high gain and nothing new in the less gain category. Will keep my eyes and ears open for the next round of releases. :)