RJM Mastermind GT Controller With A Kemper (Tutorial)

• When looking at the price, i wonder what is their targeted market, i doubt a lot of AXE-FX, KPA, or other stuff owners (not only guitar players) can acquire this midi controller

I hope this is some kind of High-end product and that we can see some more affordable devices soon.

By the way, what is the amount of money a KPA, owner would invest in a midi foot controller ?

Please share your point of view,
    Ciao,
    Laurent

Laurent

• I dunno. When the form factory is right I think I'd pay about 500.- for a capable controller that os offering SIGNIFICANT MORE flexibility than the the FCB.

• The pricing for both versions is ridiculously high, insane I may add.

I can understand the small displays on each switch, the parts that are not plastic, the software and the OS effort they put in to make it easy and user friendly , but there's no excuse for such a high price.

I have not bought the FSB, even though is a cheap temporary solution, waiting for the actual Kemper one to come out (in vain so far).
    So, when I watched the video I thought "Looks and seems quite good, now please tell me is around £400-500 and I'll put an order asap" and then I saw the real price...

There will be some to buy it, yes.
    But no sane musician will pay as much as for a Kemper (and even more) for a floorboard, instead of buying a cheaper alternative that does the same exact job with some compromises and use the rest of the money to ,I don't know, buy a new guitar or some other gear or.... take his wife out for dinner for a change :P

I can understand the small displays on each switch, the parts that are not plastic, the software and the OS effort they put in to make it easy and user friendly , but there's no excuse for such a high price.

Well, I don't thing they are in any market-lead position, so I'm sure they have very carefully thought about their price placement.
    I really believe the price/quality (features) ratio is in the overall mean.

Anyone willing to spend that amount of money is of course another story, but you can't blame Koenigsegg for building and selling their Trevita for 2G $, can you? :)

But no sane musician will pay as much as for a Kemper (and even more) for a floorboard, instead of buying a cheaper alternative that does the same exact job with some compromises and use the rest of the money to ,I don't know, buy a new guitar or some other gear or.... take his wife out for dinner for a change :P

Hmm - I do not agree with the judgemental call here.

First - it is an obvious contradiction saying a cheaper alternative would do the EXACT SAME job with "SOME COMPROMISE" - there would be no such compromise if it were the exact same job!
    and that is exactly the point.

Second - If that piece of gear were the ultimate midi floorboard I'd rather sell one of my guitars for it instead of buying another one. My problem with buying more expensive electronic/digital gear has always been: How long will it be supported, when will it become outdated, will software bugs be corrected, will it work with future OS Versions?

And I take my girlfriend out for dinner anyway.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• I don't disagree with what you guys wrote, at all. Your reasoning definitely makes sense.
    Each one of us sees things with a different perspective, sometimes slightly different, sometimes very different.

"First - it is an obvious contradiction saying a cheaper alternative would do the EXACT SAME job with "SOME COMPROMISE" - there would be no such compromise if it were the exact same job!"
    Well, actually there no contradiction there. The compromise, for example, is that the not so costly alternative may not have the small displays on top of each switch, but you can still do the job with stickers.
    Additionally, we don't have to have an argument for the sake of argument. ;)

Simply put, I like the GT, I like its functionality (from what I could see in the video), I don't like its price.

Edited once, last by Stemast ().

• Granted the price is a bit steep BUT why settle right?We work hard to buy gear and try to get the best for our money,somethings cost more than we care to spend so with that NOT in my mind,I just ordered a Mastermind GT16!The cool thing is(and i don't know why i even checked out their RJM's site)I was looking at a GT10 and noticed on the page that the company is starting to make a GT16 and for a preorder at a promotional price of $1299 USD(the same exact price for a GT10???Until Dec 31(last day then after that it'll be $1599!!So yeah i ordered today,they expect shipping to start the end of January!!Spoke to Ron's wife over the phone and thanked them for putting out a very powerful but simplified midi foot controller
    Remember tomorrow is the last day for the Mastermind GT16 at the same price of the GT10(just saying)..Pic's when it gets here!
    Richb

It's all about the tone!

• ...but you can still do the job with stickers.

Simply put, I like the GT, I like its functionality (from what I could see in the video), I don't like its price.

I don't think stickers will be quite the same with this product. The idea being Stomp A could be a harmonizer on patch 001, but a delay in patch 002. Interesting concept, but $1800 or even $1299 is a bit expensive for my blood. But that's just me.

Products that offer features unlike any other are often more expensive too. Even the Kemper has a significant cost above "competition" like the Pod HD500 and Boss GT-100. That, of course, is the price mandated by better performance. But price tag doesn't dictate performance as could be applied (or not applied, depending which forum you're on) to the analogy of the Kemper and Axe FX ($300 more expensive).

This product looks like it is specifically designed to work with devices like the Kemper, what with the built in presets. I'm sure as more devices are made like the Kemper, adding new devices will simply be a question of a firmware update. Everything seems to be already mapped, so it's almost plug and play.

But other than the visual display, I don't see anything ground-breaking, as you can probably access the same Kemper features on other footcontrollers available in the market. Certainly would be killer to have, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the KPA footcontroller and at a price that doesn't break the bank.