What external hardware do you use with your Kemper?

• Another for a El Capistan :D

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Since I don't have a midi foot switch yet sometimes I get my clean to overdrive sound from my stomps. I still use my Tonebone Plexitube, Ethos Classis, the old Tim, HT dual, Tube King to name a few just to experiment how profiles differ when used with stomps. However it's just my realization that one way or the other I have similar or very similar sound with loaded profiles. Or maybe its just my ears fooling me again. Next I will try BBE Sonic Maximizer and then Nova System and see what will come out of them. I'm enjoying the experience.
    I run direct about 80% of the time however I find TIM to be very flexible, be it with my SS and tube amps and now with KPA.

• I tried a MXR 10 band in the effect loop and it sounded great though the level had to be kept down (way down, I couldn't run it near 0db) or it would overload the return causing pops and for the sound to cut out.

Behringer DEQ 2496

Aaaaah, it is a shame people have to put extra EQ to KPA, BECAUSE there is no enough delicated eq in a monitor and main output! :(

• I have a patch bay plugged into the KPA effects loop. All sorts that I occasionally use but most often a Strymon Bluesky and Timeline (nice pitch-shifted delays), a boss slicer and a DD20 delay. I put a Boss loop station after and sometimes drive the KPA input with a Maxon vop-9. A Pod Hd500 gets some occasional use for its effects. All out to a pair of Adam A7x monitors.

Options :)

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• I'm getting closer and closer to turning the Pod HD 500 back on. I want it to serve as a midi controller and to add some effects, but I will thoroughly test the best way to do this. Ultimately, the Pod has some sought after effects for the KPA crowd - spring reverb, cave reverb (I need to do a shoot-out with the cave vs. ambient reverb in the KPA), octo reverb. I also expands the number of effects I can employ - more delays, more EQ, etc.

Ultimately, if I wanted the KPA to function as a do-it-all pedalboard, I couldn't do it. Whammy, Octaver (50% mix unlike Whammy), Wah, compressor, OD, EQ, chorus, flanger, synth filter in front. Granted, I'll never run them ALL at the same time, but I can clearly envision times when the KPA's 4 slots will be inadequate. I would also like to do a shoot-out of the KPA's fuzz vs. Pod's. I have a feeling they will both be a bit lacking but whatever.

Also need to shoot-out pitch shifters.

I also have a Bad Horsie wah pedal.

• I've used a Boss GT100 in the 4 cable method, mainly for the ability to use the on board 30 second looper and I'm also quite partial to the Boss Mods/Delays. Always have the Onboard Expression Pedal set as a Volume Pedal Pre Effects. This sounded ace however... I now use the Kemper in Performance Mode Live, absolutely love it and the FX are gorgeous. Use a Roland FC300 Midi Controller to change rigs, turn on/off mods/delays, control Volume and Wah ( how cool is the wah feature where when you stop moving pedal it seamlessly goes off !) I do use an Electro Harmonix Synth Ego and a Ditto Looper within the KPA FX Loop allocated to the X slot...now if CK and the team could only get something like this to us in a future update......
    Mark

• I used a Maxon OD808 and Diablo OKKO and in the FX loop Multiehead various delays, also a Spring Reverb for Vintage sounds, which are unfortunately not available in the KPA.

• If I were a gigging musician I would simplify and think I would have little to nothing but I'm not, so I have a bunch pre KPA and in the loop. I sold a bunch of pedals off but I learned soon after having the KPA that I simply want the flexibility. I don't think the onboard effects are going to give me the same quality wah fuzz octave vibe at the same time when I want them all at once.

I wish the loop didn't take up a slot. I lock the stereo loop post amp and run multiple Strymon pedals for modulation, delays and reverbs and wouldnt give those up either.

I don't have to minimize anything so I treat it like any other amp with a loop and I have all of the flexibility I want without having to deal with slot limits and programming a midi controller. Works great for me this way.

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

Edited once, last by BuckeyeBrown ().

• Very similar to the OP, Maxon OD808, MXR 10-band in front. Also have a Decimator Pro Rack & an old Korg DTR1000. Delicious...

• Mostly stereo loop x slot but it can be fun before a slightly dirty amp as well.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• FCB1010 and Roland switch; that's it. KPA gives me all I need for EFX. I do use a Boomerang III and Side Car sync'd to AKAI MPC 2500 for some occasions, which is external to the KPA, KPA routed to mixer and send returns to the Boomerang.

Gettin' funky up in here..