Music Man Game Changer user here?

• Hi,
    I'm thinking of buying a Music Man Game Changer guitar.
    Is there someone here using this guitar?
    Maybe you're willing to share your experiences?
    Thanx
    Manfred

• Hi manfredi
    I think you may find some nice possibilities combining the wiring change of the pick ups and choosing at the same time the rig you want on the KPA for them. I mean, using the 5 way switch and/or a midi controller, you can control the guitar wiring and the KPA at the same time. I'm not sure how to do that, but it's one of the possibilities of this guitar.
    I'm not using a Game Changer, but yes a 25th Anniversary, her older sister :)
    Cheers!
    Hugo

• Hi Hugo,
    Thanx for your answer. When the MM Game Changer guitar hit the market 2 years ago, I thought it would be a great success for MM. But it seems to me, that this guitar isn't sold in as often as I suspected.
    I don't know anybody playing this guitar neither does any of the local guitar stores have one at stock.
    Manfred

• Thanks for pointing this out, I was not aware of the GCs!

I have to say I love the concept a lot! I's probably what I've ever looked for in a guitar. What I actually like a lot less is the sound of those Di Marzios...
    This is possibly one of the reasons the instrument did not get too far: its versatility is literally... supernatural (LOL), but confined into the Di Marzio signature.

it would be great if this concept was extended to any PU you could install on your guitar. Now that would be versatility!
    But I guess there would be a lot of issues related to sound balance, impedance and the like... unless a very intelligent computer didn't take cae of all.

Who knows... it's unlikely to happen IMO.

• This is likely to be, but my concern is, I'm afraid there would be a lot of issues related to sound balance,
    impedance and the like... unless a very intelligent computer didn't take
    care of all.
    Not all the SCs or HBs are the same, if you for instance changed one of the HBs with a much weaker one in level, when mixing things you'd have actually an unbalanced sound tone-wise.
    Let me also say that buying such an expensive guitar and then spend 3-400 € more for substituting the PUs (provided that any luthier can do it) is not something I'd consider a no-brainer :D

• I think it is a very nice and really interesting guitar. But i don't know if all possibilities are really noticeable for normal people (I don't mean the guitarist with headphones or in a studio situation). I have never tried some possibilities and don't know if there are big sound changes. For example are there big differences between neck + bridge single coil in serial mode and neck + bridge sc in paralel mode with the same guitar and same PU's? ?(
    Maybe it could be interesting to use the piezo sound together with a neck sc out of phase. In my opinion these versatility is a good solution if you play a two channel amp and need a wider sound spectrum, but with the KPA and his huge versatility it is a nice to have but not a really needed piece of gear. And in my opinion music man stuff is to expencive in europe. :love:

• Well, there's a number of video demos where you can listen to different combinations. Even A + B or B + A seems to make a difference, and via youtube!

But I agree that 9M PU combinations + 1350 profiles + KPA's tweaking abilities is a very, very dangerous scenario! LOL

I believe that you can take best advantage of such versatility only if you have very precise and straight ideas about what you need, and how to achieve it. Then you just choose the right combination, the right profile and tweak it as needed. But if you get lost into the rabbit hole... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

:)