Strymon Bluesky with Kemper FX

• Hi,

Since I've heard the Bluesky live, I'm trying to replicate the sound in my Kemper, but I nevr come close... Can anybody help or give me input on how to stage the stomps to come close to this shimmering?

Thanks in advance,

Mavid

• Hi Mavid,

I have the bluesky, it's a nice unit. I'm not sure you'll be able to reproduce it with the current FX algos in the KPA.
    The shimmer effect seems based on some sort of delayed pitch shifter that adds an octave up to your input signal .
    The bluesky also has a plate as well as a spring reverb that the KPA doesn't currently have (Unless you count matchbox)

Some rocket scientist here will no doubt come close but I've had the bluesky for a while now and I've not managed a similar effect with the KPA. But someone here will probably have some ideas I bet... ;)

Btw, I think zoom does a ms stomp pedal with these sounds in for much cheaper than the bluesky, a few members here have reported liking it, might be worth a look...

Brett

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs