Editing rigs within 'PERFORM' mode.

• Hi guys,

Is there a way of editing and storing rig edits (such as EQ, pedals) within the PERFORM mode like you would in BROWSER mode?

Or does it all have to be made in Browser mode?

So for example, last night i was having a play in PERFORM mode going through my arrangements and slots in prep for covers band practise tonight, tinkering with the EQ and boosts. After finding the tone i was happiest with, i would move onto the next slot to play around with the next rig and do the same. When i would go back to previous slots to have another play, the settings had all reverted back to the rig's default settings.

It would be highly convenient if you could save the settings whilst in PERFORM mode instead of moving to BROWSER and searching out all the rigs individually and re-editing? Am i missing something? :D

Thanks,

Lee

• You have to save the performance to keep alterations. Any changes will be discarded when switching to another performance or when switching slots via midi. The will persist as long as you stay in the same performance or switching slots via RIG buttons.

• It's true, as soon as you move to another performance your modifications are scrapped, if you forget to save the performance before you leave.

While changing slots within one performance it makes a difference, if you are loading slots manually (using the rig navigation cross) or via MIDI.

When you are preparing and fine-tuning your arrangements, you might do this via the Profiler's front panel. In this case all modifications are maintained. So for example you could activate and tweak Stomp A of the rig in slot 1, move to slot 3 to load another rig from Browse Pool, come back to slot 1 and Stomp A would still be active. All modifications are maintained while you are moving between slots manually until you leave the performance.

On stage you might load slots via MIDI. Let's assume you load slot 2 and activate Stomp X. If you now move to another slot using MIDI program change or control change, this modification will be scrapped. Therefor next time you load slot 2 again it will return in it's initial state (Stomp X off), which is much more predictable for your live performance. Otherwise any temporary modification of for example Delay Mix via pedal would 'infect' the rigs in the slots and you would need to change performances to get the performance back into its initial state. Or worst case - you decide for example to adjust the gain in slot 2 a bit, store the performance to make this change permanent, and by doing so store all these 'infections', which were meant to be temporary. All modifications are scrapped, if you are leaving a slot via MIDI program change or control change.

• But the editing will only affect the Performance rigs (which are stored as supplementary rigs) leaving the "basic" ones unchanged, won't it?
    No pedalboard here, so not 100% sure yet :|

• At first I thought this was strange, but now it makes perfect sense to me and a great way to accommodate two different operating modes.

While changing slots within one performance it makes a difference, if you are loading slots manually (using the rig navigation cross) or via MIDI.