Michael Wagener Rig Pack

• :love:
    Mr. M. Wagener mixed a local band, just great things heard. The guy isn't just a genious, but a real nice person and super receptive.
    When I started this thread I had no clue that he was really going to make profiles from the wall of doom... I'm so glad this is hapenning!

• The Red Bogner XTC looking module and the Recto underneath it are ones I modded for Michael probably 6 or 7 years ago. Good times! :D

Holy cow!
    'Mods by Pete Turley', you aren't kidding.
    Way to go, Pete!

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Well, Michael Wagener is doing it now, so maybe someone else will do it a year or two from now. Can't we have our dreams? Sure, you p*ssed Michael Wagener into making this rig pack by saying it would never happen. Now quit p*ssing us off, I mean, stuff like the 3-people-in-the-world-can-mike-amps was probably just blown out of context, but speaking for all the producers out there that make metal? Even after Mr Wagener, a highly professional and respectable gentleman is doing so?

No doubt, I'm jealous that you have these secret rigs that are USB locked, it's not the kind of thing that I would do to someone's KPA or even rigs floating on the internet.

But for God's sake, don't go around speaking for everyone, I say, old bean. We want them to like us and share with us too. Chances are that even if they come out with their rigs, people will tweak them or just use other rigs. There's enough for everyone. I mean, when did tone become a scarce commodity? I'll give your top of the world ma tone maybe 5 per cent of an advantage over the next guy, but as they all say "tone is in the fingers", meaning the better player wins.

It's not like there's any Kemper tone that's "secret", man. I'll go out and say it. Chances are, in the next 5 years, the kinds of tones that are going to be put out by Kemper Amps alone are going to be mind-blowingly good. I mean, Michael Wagener rig packs? Are you serious? For free? What did we do to deserve this?

Viva la Kemper, let's not let profiles detract from the amplifier.

• Well, Michael Wagener is doing it now, so maybe someone else will do it a year or two from now. Can't we have our dreams? Sure, you p*ssed Michael Wagener into making this rig pack by saying it would never happen. Now quit p*ssing us off, I mean, stuff like the 3-people-in-the-world-can-mike-amps was probably just blown out of context, but speaking for all the producers out there that make metal? Even after Mr Wagener, a highly professional and respectable gentleman is doing so?

No doubt, I'm jealous that you have these secret rigs that are USB locked, it's not the kind of thing that I would do to someone's KPA or even rigs floating on the internet.

But for God's sake, don't go around speaking for everyone, I say, old bean. We want them to like us and share with us too. Chances are that even if they come out with their rigs, people will tweak them or just use other rigs. There's enough for everyone. I mean, when did tone become a scarce commodity? I'll give your top of the world ma tone maybe 5 per cent of an advantage over the next guy, but as they all say "tone is in the fingers", meaning the better player wins.

First off, i'm sure he can speak for himself but for clarification's sake - he did not steal any profile. He owns them as part of his job.
    Second, this has been a debate on the likelihood of major producers putting out rig packs.
    VESmedic offered his (educated) opinion on the subject. He was also wrong.
    As of MW's announcement, said debate is now in light of VESmedic's mistake and two such rig packs already out (MW and Lasse).
    It's still a debate, still legitimate and still interesting.

Between Lasse and MW, maybe some other big guys will be convinced - one can only hope - but giving away profiles is giving away your signature work. Producing is as much an art as it is a science and handing out art for free tends to depreciate the artist.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Apparently YOU are the only one pissed off, because the two of you keep bumping a subject, when we were asked to keep it on subject....You aren't going to change my opinion, and that is what it was, an OPINION: Based on a NUMBER of producers who are making a living using the kemper to make a living, and making records alot of us on here listen/have listened to. Not speculation, not mind reading, not from someone else: From the horses mouth. Once again, sorry if you didn't like what I had to say, doesn't change the fact that apparently, quite a few producers in all types of music feel this way.Quitty hit it on the head, its art: no one is giving that shit away for free. Do you give away your artwork for free? Micing an amp properly is an art: if it wasn't, no one would be paying the money people pay to have a record done by a certain person. And for the LAST time, i did NOT say anything about 3 people in the world micing an amp properly...

and seriously enough with the secret profiles shit: it really isn't that secret. I was trying to do this forum a favor by putting up clips of said profiles to show what some producers/engineers are using as starting points on records they are doing, and the sound they get at the core before the mix: To many, this was invaluable. I DID NOT brag about what I have or don't have, or talk down to anyone, or anything. In fact, quite a few people spoke up for me and was not needed for me to respond. But this thread and this particular subtopic in this thread keeps getting bumped. It really is pointless.

• The Red Bogner XTC looking module and the Recto underneath it are ones I modded for Michael probably 6 or 7 years ago. Good times! :D

Pete, I knew there had to be more to ya then just being "a great player and profiler" :D

• 1) Can you give me a link to those starting tones you posted? I missed that.
    2) You don't need to defend yourself to this extent. People either read you correctly, or they are unwilling. That's on them. Don't get caught up in that web.

Apparently YOU are the only one pissed off, because the two of you keep bumping a subject, when we were asked to keep it on subject....You aren't going to change my opinion, and that is what it was, an OPINION: Based on a NUMBER of producers who are making a living using the kemper to make a living, and making records alot of us on here listen/have listened to. Not speculation, not mind reading, not from someone else: From the horses mouth. Once again, sorry if you didn't like what I had to say, doesn't change the fact that apparently, quite a few producers in all types of music feel this way.Quitty hit it on the head, its art: no one is giving that shit away for free. Do you give away your artwork for free? Micing an amp properly is an art: if it wasn't, no one would be paying the money people pay to have a record done by a certain person. And for the LAST time, i did NOT say anything about 3 people in the world micing an amp properly...

and seriously enough with the secret profiles shit: it really isn't that secret. I was trying to do this forum a favor by putting up clips of said profiles to show what some producers/engineers are using as starting points on records they are doing, and the sound they get at the core before the mix: To many, this was invaluable. I DID NOT brag about what I have or don't have, or talk down to anyone, or anything. In fact, quite a few people spoke up for me and was not needed for me to respond. But this thread and this particular subtopic in this thread keeps getting bumped. It really is pointless.

• @VESmedic1

would be still very nice to hear some rough/untouched samples! I did hear the Colin Richardson ones in the Sneap forum and i was not that much impressed (but i dig it on the trivium record haha)
    If you would post other "Pro profiles" just to have a listen to what you can get with the Kemper, it would be really great!

cheerz!

• @VESmedic1

would be still very nice to hear some rough/untouched samples! I did hear the Colin Richardson ones in the Sneap forum and i was not that much impressed (but i dig it on the trivium record haha)
    If you would post other "Pro profiles" just to have a listen to what you can get with the Kemper, it would be really great!

cheerz!

Hey deadlight, no problem! I can for sure do that! Thanks for the input too. I think a lot of people didn't like the pick attack and clickyness of the bare knuckle aftermath that I had in My les Paul, definitely part of it. Also It is extremely low mid (240hz or so) heavy and for live use or as a stand alone tone, needs to be scooped out around there. That's precisely what the guys do live actually anyways when they use it, roughly 9db for Corey (blackouts) and 6db for Matt (EMG's)

• Hey deadlight, no problem! I can for sure do that! Thanks for the input too. I think a lot of people didn't like the pick attack and clickyness of the bare knuckle aftermath that I had in My les Paul, definitely part of it. Also It is extremely low mid (240hz or so) heavy and for live use or as a stand alone tone, needs to be scooped out around there. That's precisely what the guys do live actually anyways when they use it, roughly 9db for Corey (blackouts) and 6db for Matt (EMG's)

Hey deadlight, no problem! I can for sure do that! Thanks for the input too. I think a lot of people didn't like the pick attack and clickyness of the bare knuckle aftermath that I had in My les Paul, definitely part of it. Also It is extremely low mid (240hz or so) heavy and for live use or as a stand alone tone, needs to be scooped out around there. That's precisely what the guys do live actually anyways when they use it, roughly 9db for Corey (blackouts) and 6db for Matt (EMG's)

Yes i think that was the main problem. I got some profiles that i love, but often i got guitars or guitar DI tracks that do not work with those profiles and some others that i normally not prefer work with them better.
    So you can´t have enough good profiles..even from the same amp :D

• Would be cool to hear them. :thumbup:

• ]First off, i'm sure he can speak for himself but for clarification's sake - he did not steal any profile. He owns them as part of his job.
    Second, this has been a debate on the likelihood of major producers putting out rig packs.
    VESmedic offered his (educated) opinion on the subject. He was also wrong.
    As of MW's announcement, said debate is now in light of VESmedic's mistake and two such rig packs already out (MW and Lasse).
    It's still a debate, still legitimate and still interesting.

Between Lasse and MW, maybe some other big guys will be convinced - one can only hope - but giving away profiles is giving away your signature work. Producing is as much an art as it is a science and handing out art for free tends to depreciate the artist.

It is just that. For clarification's sake. I never insinuated he stole them. We're well aware who he's friends with. I was referencing the fact that a technician apparently claimed the Kemper is USB-locked. There was some discussion earlier on.

@VESmedic1: Sorry, did you not reply to me earlier on after I posted on the thread just pointing out how much Michael Wagener loves us? And continued to argue that no one will give away free profiles? Are you not the one that wrote cheques their a** couldn't cash? I have nothing to be pissed off about. Seriously, peace be with you.

I think you put too much stock in those profiles being the end-all of Andy Sneap's tone. He'd understand what I'm saying, but you obviously don't. What does he do with all that equipment? What could he do? What will he do? Have you tried djemass' Bogner MarkIIC+ JP profile, by any chance? It's for free and I don't even think about what I could do with a profile by Sneap, no way I could afford it so why worry? I have good tone, my friend, don't you worry about that.

As far as your entire diatribe about giving creative output for free, what is Mr Michael Wagener doing? You put so much stock in the sound, whereas guys like that can only be afforded by people with good music over and over. Unless it's some brat hanging out in the studio, no offence. I don't think they'll worry so much as you.

I, for one, am very happy we're getting more free profiles. I have noted that some of the people that have profiled for Kemper are more concerned about how their studio sounds should not be stolen. So much so they sound like my Boss GT-8, just slightly better. Oooh, tonal secrets from the Gods! I must not turn little Kemper knobs. :thumbup: