Profiling different amp settings?

• Hey Everyone,

I'm thinking about taking the plunge on a KPA if only to assist with studio recalls but I just wanted to clarify a few things:

1) When you profile amps is there any way to profile all of the different amp settings within one profile? In other words, within a single amp profile can you have the original amps various gain settings, EQ settings, volume settings, etc. so that when you turn the gain on the KPA it reacts the same as the amp? Or are the Gain, Volume and EQ settings on the KPA the KPA applying those settings as an interpretation of the amp your profiled?

2) I'm assuming that the KPA works well in reamping as any other amp would (assuming a proper reamp box of course)?

3) Is there any resources that say what the signal chain was for the profiled amps (ie. What mics were used, what mic pres, if there were multiple mics on the cabs, etc.)?

4) Does anyone think I should wait for version 2 of the KPA?

Thanks in advance!

• 1- No, you can't. You'll need multiple profiles.

2- Yes, no need for a reamp box (is integrated)

3-You can log all those details in the Tags of the profile

4- No.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Thanks everyone! I'm really excited for this. It seems like it's a very cool piece of gear.

Thanks again.

• Ciao, welcome :)

Just for the love of correctness, I'd not say the Profiler "applies those settings as an interpretation of the amp your profiled": it applies its own tweaks, which may have nothing to do with the original amp. Until mothership provides us with a collection of original tonestacks.

Feel free to d/l the pdf from my sig. for more information :)