xRay PROfiles: Rhodes Rectifier

• I am excited to launch xRay PROfiles:
    xRay PROfiles

Why the name?
    I am currently developing partnerships with professional guitarists in the industry. More information to follow...

The majority of the profiles will cater to the high gain enthusiasts.
    In the meantime, a profile pack is now available taken from a Mesa 2channel Dual Rectifier revG modded by renown amp guru Kyle Rhodes of Rhodes Amplification.
    Here is a quick clip; I used a Guiterrez in dropC 432 with Tom Anderson pickups for all guitar tracks. The cab is a new old stock Krank 4x12 equipped with Eminence Legends.
    Rhodes Mesa demo

Most of the rhythms are quad tracked: 1 & 2 are up front at 0 panned hard left-right with 3 & 4 at -8 at about 75% left right. The solo chops the rhythms down to 2 tracks (1&4) and disengages the KPA O/D on the solo-rhythms. There is a 5th rhythm guitar flanger at -10 that helps to fill out the pre solo riffage.
    Right after the solo break you can hear 1 and then 2 guitars clearly before the bass and 3 & 4 reenter. The solo flips to the neck pickup halfway through and has an occasional 2nd harmony solo that supports the melodies.

I utilized (2) 57s, a Crowley & Tripp Naked Eye ribbon mic, and an Avantone tube sdc for the majority of the profiles. Different mixes of the mics as well as the amp settings yield the 10 profiles. There are 7 hi gainers, 1 hi gain with more room mic placement, 1 mid gain, and 1 clean-dirty profile

• Well done , good to have another provider !! Best of luck with the Site and sales .....thumbs up from me ....
    only one profile there yet though and I have enough Boogies ..... :thumbup:

• Thank you Robman!

Only 1 amp uploaded for the moment, but in the near future there should be some exciting things happening.

If you're a Boogie fan and still collect actual amps, make sure to check out the Rhodes site:
    Rhodes Amplification

K. Rhodes really tweaked this Dual Rec into a new level. Just as important, he's a great guy to work with as well!
    I hope to acquire a Rhodes Gemini one day soon...

-Ray

• Hey shred,

I don't want a demerit, lol!

I am showing all of my orders fulfilled...what is the paypal address associated with the payment? I'll get it right out to you.
    I sent you a pm- just click on my name and near the top right is the pm feature

Thanks,
    Ray

• answers are at the end of the video

Here's some thoughts:
    the mids in the EMG are very clinical and stale
    The biggest issue I had with EMG was the effect it was having on me- my ears would start to fizz out at medium- high volumes like 90dbs Something in the eq was grating into my skull. Every guitar I have let's me crank the volume past 100dbs with no issues at all in ear fizz (though I try to keep it reasonable most times)
    The Nazgul and Sentient are a super replacement option, I really dig the dynamics of them. I have BK Aftermath and Miracle mans in other axes and while I love BKs, these Duncan pickups are right there and a great bang for buck alternative to the pricey boutiques. I paid under 250 for this set-a good 50% less than other options. Still love BKs, but the wallet can't handle it for every axe. Plus I love the drop-in option the Duncans have- they come housed in an EMG friendly package for easy replacement ( I gave it to my tech)
    I adjusted the pole pieces up higher on the h308 to yield the bite I wanted, I may have gone too far. When they're back a bit they really show a much bigger difference.

• I stopped shortly before the riffing ended. But i thought A was the EMG, sounds very similar to the characteristics i get from my 707s. I like the Nazguls tone, really seems to be a good alternative.

• 22 profiles added to the pack making a total of 32.
    Mostly focused on hi gain tones here, this included another 10 with Red Modern voicing.
    Here is a quick clip using 2 guitars LR with a stock Gibson SG:
    Aerials xRhecto DEMO
    As always, previous owners of the original pack should expect a free updated link within the next day :thumbup:

• Really like the new profiles, thank you. I tweaked it to my taste (lower the gain a bit), they have a good balance!

• Yeah, I played through these last night. I didn't really like the Stomp B distortion boost, so I always turn that off. The Rhecto has enough djent without it - maybe just a little pre-EQ to get more tightness.

These profiles were very raw and I wasn't sold on them at first. But I found adding more treble and maybe reducing presence a bit and applying some reverb made a huge difference. There's a lot to take in here, and I need to time to widdle down the field then start tweaking to get them where I want them, but overall I'm happy with them.

• Thanks for the feedback!
    In my experience, the Recto Modern Red (real amp and profiles) usually do not need the clean boost.
    I do like a clean OD boost (not distortion) on the vintage modes.
    Recto Red with 57s should have plenty of bite without needing to add more than a gentle eq tweak here and there to get it for each individual setup.
    Yes, these are gain heavy- rather than dial them down, I chose to offer them as is. Knocking the gain down a few notches and saving it with a ii, iii, iv at the end of the name is a good way to organize the profiles.

As for the vintage modes, these profiles are very thick and much closer to Rhodes amps than modern rectos (the revG platform is also much thicker than modern rectos). I sometimes take an eq approach that is similar to the Merrow Rhodes profiles- insert a post amp eq and boost around 1.4 and 5.0 as needed. This is great for modern djenty stuff and really cuts through a mix.

In other news, another new amp from a famous amp modder has arrived at the studio. I have tried to offer amps that are unique and not found elsewhere-this one is no exception. It presents a super inspiring hi gain lead tone that is intoxicating. Profiles coming up soon....