Routing SPDIF in for use as Aux In or FX Loop Return

• I posted this as a question earlier but got no replies, and after reading through the latest manual and addendum it looks like it's not supported. So I'm reposting as a feature request. I think it's a pretty important one in terms of making the KPA as functional as possible as part of a DAW setup - provided there isn't some hardware limitation preventing this feature from being implemented in firmware.

The manual makes the point that, right now, only the left channel of the SPDIF signal is sent to the amplifier input when it's enabled. What I would propose is that the right channel of SPDIF be treated as an additional Aux In, allowing for the application described in my original question:

This one seems so essential I feel like there's probably already a way to do it and I'm just missing something obvious. If not, then I'll copy and paste to the Feature Requests section, but please let me know:

I need to be able to use the SPDIF In in place of the Aux In, rather than as input directly into the front of the stompbox/amp/fx chain. This would allow me to run guitar->KPA->monitors as you normally would when playing (and without any comprimise in latency or tone) but also run a pair of RCA cables to a SPDIF equipped PC to record SPDIF Out (already possible) and monitor track playback, VST effects, loopers, etc. via SPDIF In. All of this is presently doable with analog cables, but being able to do the same with straight SPDIF would be superior in some cases. (And with my current soundcard, it happens to be the only option.)

So, is there a way to redirect SPDIF in so that it routes somewhere other than the front of the amp, e.g. Aux In, or an FX loop block, or something?

Really would love to see this in a future f/w! Thoughts?

• Really would love to see this in a future f/w! Thoughts?

+1 for the option to use spdif in/out as send/return (both in and out assignable to all the points in the audio chain)
    ... next... the same for USB

What I would propose is that the right channel of SPDIF be treated as an additional Aux In...

I have to ammend this point as it's really only a partial solution. It would work fine for Mono FX loop applications, but for full DAW integration, a stereo return is required. Therefore we would need an additional option for routing SPDIF L/R to Aux In L/R. SPDIF L to front of amp and SPDIF R to Aux In would be a good default, though.

• Love this for another idea: i'd like to use my g-system in the kpa's stereo loop. to save some ad/da-latencies it would be great to use at least the spdif-in as a digital, stereo kpa-return (while still using the analog send of the kpa because the g-system only has an spdif output)

• Great application, elfredo - it would reduce latency, eliminate noise concerns, and tidy up your cables a bit.

Depending on implementation, it could make the KPA more powerful as a central summer/ mixer in a mixed hardware setup, too, i.e. by allowing for analog in and SDPIF in simultaneously.

Please keep the ideas coming to get some momentum behind this request!

• I support this fully (and therefore bumping it a bit). With a S/PDIF to use as stereo output to the fx return, my possibilities for using the kemper would expand quite drastically.

Edited once, last by Jesper ().

• I'd like to connect my g-major that way for a stereo loop using the S/PDIF... Got a audio guy telling me that'd be the best for sound.. Chirp chirp.