Powerhead Issue : Although Cab-Sim is off, the sound changes with other cabs

• Hi!

Today i tested a few Di-Profiles, i had create before...
    I use the "powered output" straight into the cab.
    In the Monitor Section i ticked "Monitor Cab Off" but when i change the cabinet in a rig,
    the sound (coming out of the cab) drastically change, too ...

Why?
    What am i doing wrong ?
    I thought monitor cab off means, that the cabinet section does not affect the monitor/power head output...

Edit: I noticed another strange thing, too. If i change the cab, the sound changes, too, but if i disable the cabinet section, i hear the "sound" of the cab, i have chosen before.
    Sorry for my english, i hope you understand everything.

• With DI Profiles it is recommended that the CAB SIM stays on.

Quote:

We are sharing 25 preamp profiles. The preamp signals have been picked from the Send of the tube amps' effect loop connecting it with the Return of the Profiler. Such profiles should be played through tube amplifier and guitar cabinet. Instead of using a separate tube power amp you could also feed the signal into the Return of a tube amp's effect loop. In any case the cab simulation of the Profiler should stay activated, because it has an impact on the sound.

• This doesn't seem to answer OP's question tho. He sets "Monitor Cab Off", but if he selects another cab the sound changes.

To OP: have you checked that, when changing cab, Monitor Cab is still Off? ?(

• Monitor Cab Off means cab driver is working. It doesn't mean the cab is off completely. Somehow the cab driver tries to extract some inforamtion from the cab into the "non-cab" signal.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Ok,
    I understand that point, but I don't get the sense of it.
    That means, that it is not possible, to use di profiles (with another cab, selected afterwards) with the real di - profile sound,( to go foh and into a guitar cab).

I think it's a serious problem...
    I thought the power head was designed for the use with a guitar cab.
    BUT the best way to get a real (good, authentic and direct) sound with a cab is to use di profiles.
    and you can't use the cab + the foh 'thing' at the same time, cause the cab change makes the sound worse(for the guitar cab ) even if you have chosen "cab sim off" (without a cab change you can get a good sound with di profiles, too)...

• DI profiles are made without a cab, that means that there is no cab to be switched off. Therefore you need to leave the cab "on" in the Kemper because a part of your profile is anyway saved in to the Cab portion. On the other hand if you add another cab you have a big change because the Cab Driver takes over the character of the real cab (that before was not there). DI profiles are the way to go to get the best out of your real world cab, but then you should not expect to use the main outs with cab on to FOH. In this case you're better off using a full profile and getting "Cab off" on the monitor out or using the DI profile and mic'ing your real cab.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• hello.
    Yeah, i know that di profiles are without a cab...
    But what i wanted to point out is the fact, that i get the best results using the di profiles, and although it is theoretical wrong, turning the cab sim off
    Did you test Di-Profiles straight into the cab with the Cab Simulation off ?
    Although it makes to sense, they sound very good (in my case better than standard profiles).

• Monitor Cab Off means cab driver is working. It doesn't mean the cab is off completely. Somehow the cab driver tries to extract some inforamtion from the cab into the "non-cab" signal.

+1. there is no total defeat of cabinets in the KPA. Disabling cabs in the monitor master menu or clicking off the cabs button engages cab driver which makes an attempt to retain the impedance curve and interaction of the selected cabinet without imparting the EQ coloration of the cabinet.

• wow glad I read this. I didn't pay attention to the cabs, using my KPA power head with guitar cab. Problem is, I dialed everything in, thinking no cab was effecting it but, I was wrong, big time. All my profiles are dialed in to a white lightning cab, (even though the cabs are off-crazy?) I feel a little lost again. Please fix this ASAP.