What gets saved with a performance?

• I typically gig with two or three guitars and use them interchangeably on most songs. Usually one is single coils and another has humbuckers.

Consequently I've been trying to duplicate some of my performances, but just with different input sense and different output EQ.

If I got to the output eq setting and change it, then hit save, the KPA saves the whole performance, making me think that it has saved the setting just for that performance.

If however I now go to another performance, the output eq is the same as the one I just saved, not the original one.

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but am I missing something? Is it possible to set input sense and output eq differently for each performance?

• OK, thanks Ingolf, I guess then I would have change both the input sense and the output eq every time I change guitar, or maybe edit each slot to have a different eq setting.

What was confusing me is that system looked like it was saving the output eq changes to the performance as it didn't give me the option to rename output setting.

Output EQ is saved separately in the output/master menu.
    A performance saves all the amps and FX settings in all the slots of a performance.

• Output EQ is saved separately in the output/master menu.
    A performance saves all the amps and FX settings in all the slots of a performance.

Ah, ok... it's a bit clearer now .. :)
    I have now the need to configure some (not many) different sound to be used in my repertoire, and I want to be able to use any of my guitar, also having the choice to go direct recording, or to a DI box and PA system, or to a guitar amp (final stage only)...

So the correct way to manage would be having a combination of one different rig for any guitar (with the different input sensitivity), and one for any output situation (let's say 3: Direct rec, DI-PA, guitar cabinet).

E.g.: 3 guitars means 3x3=9 rigs (for a same amplifier profile), and then for any of these, using performance to store the FX combinations...

...right? :huh:

• OK, now I'm confused again. (easily done these days)

If I have a performance with 5 used slots, and I want to use that performance (or a copy of it) with two different guitars, each requiring different input sense and output eq settings, then I have to go to both the input menu and output menu in order to make that guitar work with that performance?

So there is no way to make a duplicate performance and edit it to work with a different guitar so I don't have to make multiple system changes first? ( I guess I could eq every slot, but then I would lose that slot for anything else)

• Maybe it's easier to clarify what parameter is *NOT* saved in a performance bank...?
    Looking at the manuals and other forum threads, it seems they are not much...

I'm trying to figure out a way to display on paper the main paramenters in a "patch sheet", in a different form than a raw parameter table...
    So understanding correctly what is stored where is quite important to me...
    But I keep reading, understanding then forgetting those KPA manuals ... :)

• Sounds like a feature request to me. Store Input settings (i. e. Clean and distortion sense, noise gate) and Output settings (output source, Main and monitor EQ, space) within a performance. Keep the setting in the input/output settings available in Browse Mode. This would be cool to have for using performances in recording/reamping setups. Will post a new request.

• I'd definitely vote for that, but I'm sure there are bigger priorities.

Sounds like a feature request to me. Store Input settings (i. e. Clean and distortion sense, noise gate) and Output settings (output source, Main and monitor EQ, space) within a performance. Keep the setting in the input/output settings available in Browse Mode. This would be cool to have for using performances in recording/reamping setups. Will post a new request.

• That would be cool. It seems that a lot of info is quite spread around. A lot of work to keep the manuals up to date and complete without making them too complicated!

Sometimes the way the KPA behaves too is a bit misleading. For example, go into a performance then select the OUTPUT settings. If you now hit SAVE from the OUTPUT menu, the KPA puts you into Performance save mode, not OUTPUT save mode…..confusing (to me at least) and made me think that it was saving the OUTPUT setting into the performance.

Maybe it's easier to clarify what parameter is *NOT* saved in a performance bank...?

I'm trying to figure out a way to display on paper the main paramenters in a "patch sheet", in a different form than a raw parameter table...

Maybe it's easier to clarify what parameter is *NOT* saved in a performance bank...?