Eurekaprom for kpa

• Ok, thanks for the info. I guess I will also find out for myself this week.

I just found the FCB1010 in stock, so should have it by Wednesday , along with two midi cables.

Not sure when the Eureka will get here, but since I am only 5 hours away it should be this week as well.

I saw the video which was short but informative. In the manual or somewhere on their site, it shows in the combo mode, an illustration of "favorite" presets , not sure if you have to have combo mode using only your favorite list ? I found the place: not sure if this means anything or just an illustration, but scroll down to #5 EP: Effects and Presets
    http://www.eurekasound.com/eurekaprom/pa

In any case, I just got a response from one of the guys there today on an ordering question I had. Since it is Sunday !which is great, as the support seems to be available should I run into problems.

Maybe you should e mail with your questions / issues , and see if you can get it straightened out.

I am interested to hear your opinions on the UNO when you test it out.

• I understand but for me I don't mind to have to choose between KPA or Roland mode when I boot the FCB.

I know that I will use the FCB with the Eureka PROM with the KPA 99% of the time.
    The other options are a nice to have

Cheers.

I need to control both at the same time, so switching modes is not an option

• I should be getting everything this week, but I also just ordered the uno4kemper chip just in case. I do like the fact you can switch the row preference with a couple foot taps, for presets and stomp access. Which I don't think you can do with the Eureka ?

I will be receiving the Eureka prom first, so that's what will go in first. If I like it and don't have an issue, I will keep the UNO chip as a backup. Not that I expect the chips to go bad though.

• Uno4Kemper arrived today, so it goes in first...Eurekaprom will arrive in the next few days
    I will give U4K a try and see how it goes and maybe have a go with the Eureka when is delivered.

What's good is that there are 2 options out there which don't cost a fortune (each chip is....well, cheap!). From my point of view is a good trade off, as I am honestly waiting for the ONE...the actual KEMPER ONE.

• I got the 1010 and the midi cables. Hopefully today I will receive the Eureka . But not sure if it actually was mailed yet.
    And, yes, I am really waiting for the Kemper foot switch too, so this is a lower cost option that will do the job until the big gun comes out

• Got my Uno4Kemper today... SO MUCH BETTER than the Eureka. Way more customizable for what I'm trying to do and integrates seamlessly. Not to mention the on-footboard tuner display - that alone makes it infinitely more gig-worthy.

Got my Uno4Kemper today... SO MUCH BETTER than the Eureka. Way more customizable for what I'm trying to do and integrates seamlessly. Not to mention the on-footboard tuner display - that alone makes it infinitely more gig-worthy.

Jeff, I have been learning my way around the 1010 with eureka. I am slowly catching on. I can't blame eureka though, I am a newb !!!

I am waiting for my uno4 prom, but can you just have a mode where the 1010 is all stomps 1 thru 10 , like in the Eureka ? I keep seeing 1-5 and 6-10 split with 5 presets ans 5 stomps ... Also, how is your wah / volume pedal. It seemed you had some issue with controlling delay mix with the Eureka ? Has it made a difference with the Uno4kemper chip ?

• I am starting to enjoy the Eureka prom. I finally figured a few things, that probably are easy for people who have experience with a midi foot pedal.

So I have assigned my presets around my favorites that I originally had in the favorite section in the Kemper. .

I can now access all my favs, and have stomp access to them as well .

I can also with a push of the up/down foot switch , have all my stomps /effects available (not just 5 as in the split board configuration )
    I really like having these IA,s available when I want them.

On the special mode, again with a up/down button press, I can control any of the stomps / effects like, gain, delay mix, etc, to my wah pedal on the FCB, I Am not sure if I can assign more than one Though, which would be very cool, but I only tested this mode out briefly , so need to look into that one.

Up next is testing and setting up the performance mode (which is in the preset mode but uses different foot switches to bank up and down ) it allows the 5 slots/performances up to 25 banks with a total of 125 performance slots...

I do have the uno4kemper chip on its way, but at this point, I will just keep this in the bag for the future.

Also, because i am a creature of habit, I own the Digitech IPB10 (which I think has the same layout as the RP1000 / 500 ? ) I am used to hitting the "up / down" switches to change banks , so I have to train my brain that the EUREKA uses the up / down for your modes, and the banks are changed with pedals 8 & 9 (performance is 6 & 7 ) . Not big deal, just my issue

What I am disappointed in is the Volume pedal. Not sure if this is an issue when EPROMs are changed out, or if the kemper needs to have some parameters for a linear midi Volume pedal, or if it's just an FCB 1010 issue, but it kind of sucks that it renders this pedal inadequate .

My work around is putting my mission kemper expression pedal that I have, and connecting to the kemper directly like you would normally. But I felt I needed to write this, as I was really writing in frustration when I first got the pedal board and the eureka , and basically it was due to my not understanding the way things worked, :whistling:

I will say that I also am used to doing things with editors, right or wrong, I wish everybody with every product would come out with PC editors and drag and. Drop features in the future :D

• I picked up mine from the Post Office, just a few mins ago. It took exactly 4 weeks.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned before, and for the UK based mates to know, there's a Customs fee (at least for the UK) of £12.5...

Edited once, last by Stemast ().

• I just replaced the U4K prom with the Eureka one and messed around for a while.

From my point of view the Eureka is more user friendly.
    I am able to turn on & off all the stomps and all the effects, instead of having to go back to the KPA, as I had to with the U4K. I can also assign the left expression pedal CC assignment (almost) on the fly, which again I find very handy.
    Additionally, the other modes offered (Fav presets, Specials and the split mode) will find quite a few fans.

I'll be playing quite a lot the next couple of days and I'll have a better idea of the overall functionality after the weekend.

• Here is a new EurekaProm footswitch demo and installation video I found on youtube.
    Maybe something for the wiKPA

[YOUTUBE]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/YOUTUBE]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ub_Kn_Eyc