losing volume on the main-outs during gig...again

• during the gig last night I had problem hearing myself through the monitors and I told the stage-soundguy to turn it up but it was still hard to hear. .I told him 2-3 times during the show but it was still not enough. after the gig he came up to me and told me the signal got weaker and weaker during the set. I haven't had any problemes with leveldrops since I got my kap almost 2 years ago but this was a bit worrying. has anyone experienced something like this? I'm on 2.0.1

Edited once, last by luntho ().

• You went from the Main-Out to the Stagebox to FOH right? You got your signal back from the FOH-Signal or Monitordesk? If it was so, than the problem is on PA-System. Your signal had must be low on FOH-Side too, not only monitors. Have you checked your settings in the Main-Menu? Some Issues with a Midi-Parameter and Volumepedal?

• yes..I have the same setttings as always in mainmenu..-10db..I have a pod-hd500 as my midiboard..don't use a volpedal. just changing between 2 rigs and the wah-pedal. same as always for the past year..never had a problem before..I don't know if the foh-levels dropped too. didn't have time to talk to the foh-soundguy because we had to leave right after the gig.

• you did? not good to hear...I've been using monitor out at rehearsals lately but from now on I'll use the main outs and pay close attention to the levels. I have an important gig coming up in two weeks and and don't want this to happen again.

• Please contact support, given you haven't opened a ticket yet.
    Please include a backup of your Profiler and describe the setup you have experienced this.

Timo

• I used the main outs for a 3 hour rehearsal and no problems. I'll continue using only the main outs for the next week or so to see if it happens again. I'll be back with a report, hopefully a positive one.

• during the gig last night I had problem hearing myself through the monitors and I told the stage-soundguy to turn it up but it was still hard to hear. .I told him 2-3 times during the show but it was still not enough. after the gig he came up to me and told me the signal got weaker and weaker during the set. I haven't had any problemes with leveldrops since I got my kap almost 2 years ago but this was a bit worrying. has anyone experienced something like this? I'm on 2.0.1

Does this sound familiar to me?
    Your sound never really disappeared on the monitors for the whole gig but it simply wasn't loud enough?
    The difference between "hard to hear" and "in the mix" is usually not more than 1.5 decibel.
    The monitor guy was simply not able to push the volume by a reasonable amount. Pilots error.

I guess we are discussing a bad monitor guy with a bad excuse here :)
    I experienced this a couple of times with monitor mixes.

Proof:
    If the level of your profiler had dropped that significantly that he could not compensate for it, he would have clearly noticed it, when you waved at him. And the FOH crew would likely have noticed it too. Either one or the other had sent somebody on stage to check the cables or whatever, or give you notice about a Profilers failure.

Even if the level even had dropped, but not significantly, both mixers had been able to compensate for that; the stage mixer guy would have given a total of maybe 5 dB to your amp during the gig, after you waved to him three times; you would have been fine with your monitor volume in the end and would not have talked to him about volumes after the gig but meet the girls. :)

Edited once, last by ckemper ().

• That´s what everybody must have gone through at least one time.
    You and your band is well prepared, you´re in time at the location and you´re rig is ready to go. Than comes the soundguy like: "What´s that knob for?" :wacko:
    Hopefully the bar is still open ;)

• hmm...so it happened again...big gig last weekend. Rock at sea (24-hour boat-trip w 16 bands playing night and day) soundguy and crew were great. I had the best stagesound I've had for years...for a while...after e few songs the volume dropped, came back, dropped again etc. after the song the soundguy came running up to me and replaced my guitarcable as he said he had noticed the level coming and going. after that all was fine for a while until it dropped again but only for a few seconds. after that it was fine for the rest of the set. since then I have played 1-2 hours every day using the same main-out (xlr) into a qsc k10 and the same guitarcable, same rigs and same guitar ..I haven't noticed anything weird. of course I don't play as loud at home as I do on stage but it's still loud for "bedroom-playing" ... 2 gigs in a row, different locations, different PA, different crew/gear/cables... ?(

• no I don't..but it's usually very stable around here. last gig was on a boat so maybe..but the gig before was in my hometown and I've never heard of such a problem here and I don't think the kemper is more sensitive than other digital devices, or is it?