Tech21 Power Engine 60??

• Looks like it would be a good fit for the Kemper. Anyone using this with their KPA? I was thinking about getting a full range powered 12inch like the Mackie Thump 12 or equivalent. But I just saw the Power Engine 60 today. Your thoughts?

• I've tried it and it did well. It really depends on what you want. I've used the power engine, Crate power block with cabinet and an EV 12", 15" as well as an Alto 12" powered speaker. I would go with the powered speaker just because it gave me the sound the people in the audience hears and you can slant them, but any of the setups I mentioned above will work. You can also tilt the power engine back at an angle and get similar results. Depending on what you like you will have good results with all that you mentioned. If you are looking at the Thump my guess is you are able to check out the Alto as well but maybe not. If you can compare the Alto and the Mackie before making the purchase. Set your master volume to drive your monitor out volume and you will be good to go.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• A while ago I did a review about using a Fender Mustang III as a monitoring solution.
    This works extremely well using the profiler's cabdriver functions.
    While the speaker in the PE (Celestion 70/80)is a bit different to the one in the MIII, the results will still be awesome, without changing the PE's speaker.

• I have one. I tried the full range speaker swap and didn't like it as compared to a traditional FRFR speaker. Conversely, the TM60 won't simply work by defeating the cabs in the KPA. Some profiles work fine just defeating the cabs others sound thin and fizzy. So the idea of running it and a direct signal to the house out of the PE60 is hit or miss. Tech 21 suggest you leave the cab sims on but this sounded overly dark. I highly suggest trying prior to buying. I'm holding on to mine as it seems to work well with some of the other gear I have but with the Kemper I get much better results using a FRFR type amplification.

• Will, do you have an idea why it is hit or miss? I mean, the Celestion 70/80 is just a (very) simple guitar speaker, (I find them a bit dull, used to own a PE60, too).
    But with the great experience I have had with the Mustang III I imagine that using the cabdriver it should sound quite similar.

• Will, do you have an idea why it is hit or miss? I mean, the Celestion 70/80 is just a (very) simple guitar speaker, (I find them a bit dull, used to own a PE60, too).
    But with the great experience I have had with the Mustang III I imagine that using the cabdriver it should sound quite similar.

I've experimented with a few different speakers in the PE60: a Fane whizzer, the Celestion 70/80, and Eminence Cannibus Rex. Like I said, some profiles work beautifully simply bypassing the cab (or disabling on monitor out) others which sound great through an FRFR sound thin and fizzy when the cab is disabled. Conversely, GSP1101 and ZOOM G3 work fine with the PE60 pretty much regardless of amp model. In fact, I'd even go as far to say on the whole my experience with the PE60 is marginally better with the GSP1101 or Zoom G3. However, the Kemper experience with an FRFR is way better than either. I found the same case using a Electro Harmonix 44 Magnum with a VHT Special 1X12. I think the Kemper works way better in an FRFR scenario than traditional cab. That said, I've heard other get fantastic results through traditional cabs so YMMV...

• Hi!
    Noticed that you have Vintage 30 with that Pyle 2 PDBT28 1 Heavy Duty 300 watt Titanium Super Tweeter.
    Do you think Vintage 30 is OK?

BTW. Do the crossover capacitor allow over 2000 Hz to go in Celestion also?

The Vintage 30 sounds good to me, I just need more above 2000 Hz.
    The 12 inch speaker still gets everything frequency wise its just the tweeter that gets the low end cut.
    What is nice is you can disconnect the tweeter fast if want to use it stock.