Cab driver thoughts...

• Sooo...if I put "cab off" in a monitor output, there is that mystical "cab driver" which
    somehow reflects sonic spectrum of profiled cabs or DI:s "something" in pre-amp profiles.

Now, when Im using KPA with guitar poweramp in stereo from main outputs,
    then Im losing that cab driver, correct?

And then profiles doesnt sound as they are ment to?

So it is not possible to use KPA with regular guitar poweramp in stereo at all
    IF you want that profiles sounds as they should... ?(

Please, correct me if I am wrong -it has taken soooo looooong to figure out this thing...

IF that is correct, then there absolutely should be cab driver also to main outputs:
    it is against the nature to use KPA only monaural way if you just want to go with a regular stereo guitar setup :wacko:

• I think you should plug it up and try it.

• It is possible to use a stereo setup with regular guitar cabs, if you use DI profiles and leave the cabinet section on. This will make sure the cabdriver is not enabled. However you lose the opportunity to have the full signal with cabs on the FOH way at the same time.

• lol, this one word "Cabdriver" sure causes a ton of confusion...it gets the "scientist" mode in guitarists activated. :)

The cab driver is ON whether you're using the main outs (stereo) or monitor out (mono), as long as the 'Cabinet' is OFF and you're using a regular profile, not a DI Profile with Cabinet ON.

With the Cabinet ON using Poweramp/Cab there's maybe a 10 to 15% difference/loss of tone quality (IMO)...with Cabinet OFF (Kaboom! Cabdriver is activated) it's slightly clearer, more defined, slightly more Presence, 'raw', just sounds more real & better.

Don't worry about the Kemper science, do as Will suggests, try it. :)

• The cab driver is ON whether you're using the main outs (stereo) or monitor out (mono), as long as the 'Cabinet' is OFF and you're using a regular profile, not a DI Profile with Cabinet ON.

Guitartone, do you mean that cab driver is ON to also main outputs? That is important!
    Here in a forum I have understood that it is on only for monitor output...???

Guys, I have tried every imaginable combination with regular mono and stereo guitar setup as well as with FRFR:s..cabs off and on..

To me only good sound matters, not authenticy so much especially with traditional guitar setup -there it is of coarse quite impossible.
    But I want to use KPA in stereo also with that traditional tubeamp setup.

Just wondering cab driver behaviour and what is its purpose..how it makes things better with CAB OFF..or does it..? 8| :wacko: ?( :S

Btw: Maybe it is better use just "shut up and play" -method... I have never been so good thinking and playing at the same time! :thumbup:

• Again, the cabdriver is enabled by disabling the cabs :)
    The two methods to enable the cabdriver are
    1. using "cab off" on the monitor out
    2. deactivating the cab section as a whole

Since method 1 only works on the monitor out in mono you only have method 2. in order to use a stereo setup with guitar cabs.

However, if you want maximum authenticy, you can also use DI profiles and leave the cab section on. This will make sure the cabdriver is not activated and thus there is no impact on the sound. Try and decide for yourself, which method suits best for you.

• How about?

Using the KPA Poweramp, KPA Main Outs to two Cabs onstage, mic both Cabs and send to FOH left and right...stereo both ways with Cab Driver activated. 8)

And while you're at it, you can buy yourself a Liquid Foot Pro and a MIDI effects loop unit so you can have twenty pedals sitting in your rack with a stomp button for each of them. :P