Film: Jimi Hendrix: Hear My Train A Comin'

• Thank you so much for posting this link!! I was really looking forward to watching it.

I so agree with you on this one. He was indeed beyond words, bordering in the supernatural. As I like to put it, gods made love, and a magic boy, a Voodoo Chile was born, opening the gates of heaven and hell for us mortals, deprived of his divine grace.

Many great players came afterwards, but the giant leap he took from where electric guitar was standing has yet to be equaled.
    I have enormous respect for people like Gilbert, Petrucci, Vai, Govan, .... you name it, but what Jimi did was just unnatural: the subtlety and the nuances of his playing, that always unexpected something in his note choice and phrasing that knocks you out even if it's the 100th time you listen to that song.

I'm out of words to praise his greatness. All I can say is that unfortunately me and my missus cannot have children, but what wouldn't I have given in life to have a son with whom to share my love and respect for Jimi's legacy from an early age.

• Oh boy!...once you've watched the entire 1:53 documentary you're completely exhilarated, motivated, happy, sad, tears, exhausted!...have to take the rest of the day off, no working today.

Jimi's life is a love story, it's a tragedy, it's everything all in one...

• I'm watching it right now... Wow!! I have a slow friday morning at the office and I'm sipping a cup of coffee enjoying myself with this gem.... I'm definitely getting this on DVD (Blu ray would be overkill... ultra low-def footage here ;)

Thanks again for sharing this!!!

• Thanks for the hint! I will order this ASAP. I had my enlightening in 2004/5 when i realised that there was never and there will never be a second
    guitarist of this caliber. Jimi belongs in the category of Mozart, Beethoven and John Coltrane. Just beyond words. 8o

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• I used Chrome to watch it and it played fine. Just tried from my iphone an also plays correctly. Try other browser.

Good luck! you can't miss this gem!

• Many great players came afterwards, but the giant leap he took from where electric guitar was standing has yet to be equaled.
    I have enormous respect for people like Gilbert, Petrucci, Vai, Govan, .... you name it, but what Jimi did was just unnatural: the subtlety and the nuances of his playing, that always unexpected something in his note choice and phrasing that knocks you out even if it's the 100th time you listen to that song.

Allan Holdsworth could be considered as being in Jimi's league as a guitarist composer innovator.
    Gilbert, Petrucci, Vai, Govan, very good players, but most definitely not in the same league as Hendrix or Holdsworth who go to a place beyond the reach of others.
    This is all guitar with no synths >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjE896B2QUE

• Yeah, the point is probably that Hendrix had an influence on his time by far larger than Holdsworth's, Hendrix did not only influence musicians (and to what extent Holdsworth did this is questionable) but all the young people as well, both in England and USA.