powered better then passive FRFR? and Electro-Voice ZLX-12p?

• Yes, the reason why I'm going with the Active CLR rather than the passive is the active is designed to work with that specific monitor. It will therefore give you the optimum quality. I can simply turn off the Kemper power amp and run this way and hear the profiled cabs in all their glory without being compromised by coloration from my own guitar cab. The passive monitor may very well sound great too but can never surpass the active. It is for this reason that I am anxious to hear a shootout between the active and passive CLRs hooked up to a Kemper. Just how significant IS this difference between the two. I don't know.

But owning the Kemper Power Head also gives me the option of switching the cab profile off and playing my favorite amps, the Marshall Silver Jubilee and the Marshall Super Lead Plexi live, directly thru a 1960A Marshall 4x12 cab loaded with my favorite speakers. Best of both worlds really.

• I have the powered kemper head so I thought passive FRFR right? just got back from GC and the guy there's telling me better to buy the powered FRFR. He said it would sound better then using the built in power amp of the kemper. Any opinions on this? also the EV ZLX-12p built in power and DSP $400 pasive $300
    Anyone use this speaker? thanks for any info

I use the powered ZLX and have been very pleased with it.

• I'm really wondering how much audible difference can be found with the powered rack into passive vs. The powered rack with amp off into active. Has anyone really taken the opportunity to compare it? I mean, if you are playing at home, you might notice a difference....but on stage with a full band? I just can't see that making a huge difference.

Personally, I'm running my power rack through my custom Mesa 2x12 cab and it sounds beautiful. I can tell the different models running through it. I realize that you don't get the full effect with a an FRFR setup, but for now, it works just fine for me.

As I said, I wanted to get the Atomic CLR but with no luck getting a response from them, I have to look at other options at this point.

• If I had a powered Kemper...(and I wish I did) I would use a passive FRFR and a guitar cab... 1/12... that's actually how I run mine but with active frfr and a slealth pedal board 300 power amp to the 1/12..... best of both worlds tone wise

TONE IS PARAMOUNT :D8) 8o