Bug in Performance Mode

• I couldn't find the forum for bugs so I'm posting it here.

I'm on 2.2.1 Release, newish user, just started creating performance slots. I've found that the slot name doesn't always match the loaded amp name underneath the performance name.

I can actually load up 5 correct slots starting from right to left, however if I then change one it brings up the name from the leftmost slot.

If I start loading from the left, by the 4th slot it usually happens then. Moving the corrupted slot moves the problem with it.

Also, my leftmost slot never has a soft button for "slot enabled' like the others, is that normal?

I'm a bit hesitant to use it now as my clean sound goes in the left slot, don't want that popping up where a dirty sound should be! It seems to load the correct sound ok but it looks sketchy.

FWIW I've rebooted several times, updated from the beta, nothing fixes it. Hopefully someone can confirm this or show me a fix.

• I've found that the slot name doesn't always match the loaded amp name underneath the performance name.

This is by design. If the Slot name and the Rig name do match, the Slot name follows Rig names.
    When you change the Slot name to something like "Chorus", it will not be changed by changing the Rig name.

If you want to use the Rig name again, rename the Slot and use Soft Button 4 which copies the Rig name to the Slot name.

Reason is: Most cases you don't want to see the Rig name but your own label for a slot, like for a song layout ("verse, chorus, bridge")..

Timo

• I don't think you are following me.

I'm in Performance mode with 5 slots. I load a different Rig in each slot, by the time I get to the fourth slot, instead of showing the 4th Rig's correct name in the slot, it shows the 1st Rig's name instead.

That's not by design, because it makes no logical sense to show the wrong Rig's name.

This is nothing to do with the Performance name.

• And as I mentioned in my first post, why doesn't the first slot have a soft button to load/unload rigs, like the other 4 slots? The only way I could clear the first slot was by moving it to another slot, where I had access to a soft button for loading/unloading.

Sure smells like a bug to me.

Edit: looks like it's happened to other users before me:

http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…age=Thread&threadID=11439

Edited once, last by Bevosss ().

• You can not have a empty performance that would = no sound.
    Slot one with always have a Rig assigned, you can load any Rig to slot one.

It is not obvious The slots are meant to be named with a identifier related to the performance not the RIG that is used.

To rename a slot select arrange slots then select rename slot. Again It is not obvious

Maybe they should have forced us to to name the slot at setup of the performance ;)

Edited once, last by troynova ().

• I can reproduce this issue, i'm on 2.1.1. release. Just loaded rigs into an empty performance, when coming to slot 5 the tag of that slot shows the name of the rig in slot 1, the rig name is displayed correctly in the line below the performance's name. Did not happen on the first time a performance was set up after a reboot, though. Can you please try again confirm this?

EDIT: It just happened after reboot on slot 5.

Open a support ticket here: SUPPORT

Edited once, last by HELL-G ().

• This only happens after the first time a slot has been loaded with a rig then changed to a different rig.

The slots name info was empty before the first Rig was loaded, then the slot used the Rig to add a name info
    after that this name info will not be automatically changed when you load a new Rig.

If you were to name each slot say intro, verse, chorus, bridge........ then no matter what rig you chose for the slot it will keep this slot name.

Its not a Bug, just not Obvious to the user that this Info needs to be set by the user one time per performance.

Edited 4 times, last by troynova ().

• This is not the problem.
    When loading a different rig to an already assigned slot the slot tag will not change, which is intended by design.
    I started with a completely empty performance, no rig assigned to any slot. When adding a rig to slot 1, 2, 3 and four the correct rigname is displayed in the small slot tag, when adding a rig to slot 5, the rigname of the rig in slot 1 is displayed. That is not by design i think.
    Can someone please set up rigs in performances you have not used before in order to see if you get the same error? It does not always happen on the first performance you edit, maybe you need to set up 2 or 3 performances to get that error.

• This is not the problem.
    You're right that the slot name will not change when you assign a different rig to a slot that has been loaded with a rig already.
    I set up a completely blank performance. When assigning rigs to the first 4 slots the rigname is displayed correctly in the small tag, on slot 5 the rigname of slot 1 (which is not the same rig that is assigned to slot 5) is displayed in the tag. i just checked it again, it's clearly reproduceable. KAOS 2.2.1 release.
    Can anyone check this please?

• Thank you HELL-G for actually testing the reported bug. I get similar though not exact behaviour, slot 4 shows slot 1's rig name. It depends which slot you start on also. I did test alot before originally posting, :)

As for reloading a slot vs renaming:

The behaviour should be, if the slot has been RENAMED already, then the name remains locked. That is useful behaviour. That will keep verse, chorus, etc if you desire them that way.

Until renaming the slot however, it should reflect the current amp loaded, since you may be trying out different rigs or moving them to better slot positions. Having to rename the slots in these circumstances is tedious, extra time for no gain, and confusing.

You can not have a empty performance that would = no sound.Slot one with always have a Rig assigned, you can load any Rig to slot one

Yes you can have an empty performance, and you can assign to slots without assigning to slot 1. What if I don't need slot 1 to have a rig? Or I put one there than change my mind? You have to do some convoluted moving to remove the rig.

it is illogical, and not useful, to have no soft switch for slot 1 loading/unloading (perhaps not a bug then, but bad design).

Edited 2 times, last by Bevosss ().

• Each Performance always starts with the initialized Rig in slot one.

There will always be a active rig in a performance!

So no you can not have a empty performance!

There is very little rational to disable slot one.

The only reason rig names are coming up in slots is that a rig had previously loaded before!
    Even if a slot has been disabled then enabled again it will have the same last slot info that was loaded.

Its really simple the rig name is under the performance name.

Use the slot to name the song part you only need to do this once per slot. :D

• Each Performance always starts with the initialized Rig in slot one.

There will always be a active rig in a performance!

So no you can not have a empty performance!

All 3 statements are wrong. You can save a performance without a rig in slot 1, or without any rigs at all, I just did both. And as said earlier, you might not want a rig in the first slot.

There is very little rational to disable slot one.

Not to you obviously. I'm glad you aren't the designer then! You can't remove a rig from there like the other slots, that's rationale enough. Who said we have to always start from the left slot, except for you?

The only reason rig names are coming up in slots is that a rig had previously loaded before!
    :D

Also untrue, as it happens in the 3rd or 4th slot when first loading slots across, to both me and HELL-G, when there is no previous rig there. IT'S A BUG.

Perhaps you should actually test these problems, instead of repeating the same erroneous statements.

Edited once, last by Bevosss ().

• Plug your guitar in go to any performance it will play because there's a Rig by default.

Again, wrong. Pick any default performance, all the slots are unloaded and empty, and if you check the stack module, there's nothing in there either.

Sound passes through from the guitar, but that hardly qualifies as a rig.

• "Until renaming the slot however, it should reflect the current amp loaded, since you may be trying out different rigs or moving them to better slot positions. Having to rename the slots in these circumstances is tedious, extra time for no gain, and confusing."

Agree with bevosss this is a better alternative. Not a bug but poor decision. It has annoyed me on more than one occasion.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• "Until renaming the slot however, it should reflect the current amp loaded, since you may be trying out different rigs or moving them to better slot positions. Having to rename the slots in these circumstances is tedious, extra time for no gain, and confusing."

Agree with bevosss this is a better alternative. Not a bug but poor decision. It has annoyed me on more than one occasion.

Cheers! Yeah that part, and also the non-existing soft switch for slot 1, aren't bugs just annoyances. The one you mentioned is the most time consuming one to work around. And also, there is a random naming bug associated with new slots.

So, just to be totally clear for anyone speed-reading, my best solution would be:

Until renaming the slot, it should reflect the current Rig loaded, since you may be trying out different Rigs or moving them to better slot positions. Having to rename the slots in these circumstances is tedious, extra time for no gain, and confusing.

• I'm in Performance mode with 5 slots. I load a different Rig in each slot, by the time I get to the fourth slot, instead of showing the 4th Rig's correct name in the slot, it shows the 1st Rig's name instead.

That's not by design, because it makes no logical sense to show the wrong Rig's name.

This way indeed seems to be a bug. I'll take a look into it on Monday...

Timo