dual amp or two cabinets

• The Axe is a very different thing; it's a modeller, a machine created to put together processing blocks in a creative way.
    The Profiler aims at perfectly reproducing a sound chain generally made by an amp, a cab and a mic. They are not even been conceived to be similar :)

BTW, Profiler's amps are mono, stereo signal comes from the post-stack FX. It would be impossible to implement the two-cab option considering how the Profiler treats cabs.

• I don't get the intention of the OP.
    The profiler excels at what it does.
    In no way it should mimick the Axe.
    If you really need dual, buy 2 profilers.
    With 3 profilers you could theoretically do multiamp rigs.
    Shouldn't the Axe aim for that?

Fun aside: they are different machines.

i presume people are wanting this dual thing for live stuff? for recording whats the point? how long does it take just to record another track with a different amp or cab,not long.

I only can tell you my experience with my pod hd.
    The Dual Amping thing helped extremely to get a better sound.
    More clarity, more 'fatness' a kind of higher resolution.
    It's hard to describe but I think, that it sounded better with dual Amping (maybe because of the frequency).
    The question is, if this dual thing would really help to get better results with the Kemper, because you can't compare it to a modeller.
    It would be an interesting 'toy' ( more possibilities and so on) but as I said, I think it would be hard to realize it (for dual profiles you probably would need the power of 2 Kemper amps) :/

• All is right - it's fine to be able to use two amps / cabinets at the same time.
    I believe the current KPA has not enough DSP power to do this (maybe the next model).

Yes, a solution is to buy two (rack) KPA's and put then into one rack - done.

And also yes - the KPA sounds (much) better than most other devices - even when they can use two amps / cabs at ones.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I've always thought the duel amp thing in the modeling world to be a marketing gimmick. Sounds great in theory but the reality is meh.

The ability to process left and right stereo channels at the source interests me though. Just my opinion.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I was never a big fan of dual amps (although some combinations worked well). I used dual amps with the same amp but different cabs on the Pod HD, which made the unit's otherwise lackluster onboard cab/mic simulations sound much much better. But that was also a PITA (http://foobazaar.com/podhd/toneGuide/cabsMics#dualCab) and eventually you lose the versatility of using different cabs/mics for different patches.

I'm not necessarily missing dual amp/cab features in the KPA. I do think it would be a good feature, but ultimately I am not sure how much value it would add. I've only really used them before to make up for poor quality in this or that frequency range in one amp/cab. In the KPA, there's so many amp/cab profiles that sound excellent on their own. And as Will has said before, if you need a blend for studio use, just reamp using each profile. For live, it's simply not that important.

I don't think dual amp or cab profiles is going to work in the Kemper, due to DSP constraints. But in theory, it should be possible for 2 profiles to be able to be blended into a new profile, using 1 KPA. The kicker is that it would likely be impossible to do in real-time, so you'd lose the "refining" part of the profiling process.

• If the Kemper captures the sound coming in to it, couldn't you just mic multiple heads and cabs and profile the sound? Doing it on the fly at a gig would be cool I suppose, but who figures out their sound at the gig?

• I was always thinking of getting a rack to go with my toaster to do that...what happens when some one does hook up 2 kempers and it sounds amazing???
    well we will all be depressed LOL!! or have to buy another kemper... either way we all get depressed! LOL.

Thing is i was going to try and hook them up to the new Gemini 2 stereo FRFR cab, now i am going to need 2 of them too to do this?
    i am not sure if 2 kempers can go into one FRFR modeling cabinet.

Man, i really gotta see just how it sounds, i hate that "just gotta see attitude". :D
    no cure once you put an idea into some ones head..... Dam you and this thread :thumbup:

My money (despite all will be gone lol) is on one toaster still kicks axx :thumbup:

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• If the Kemper captures the sound coming in to it, couldn't you just mic multiple heads and cabs and profile the sound? Doing it on the fly at a gig would be cool I suppose, but who figures out their sound at the gig?

yep, there are a few profiles made in the eay you suggest. The problem is that you can't have say a distorted amp and a clean amp profiled together and expect to hear a distorted and a clean sound at the same time.

i am not sure if 2 kempers can go into one FRFR modeling cabinet.

yep, either using two nputs and/or a simple multiple connection or mixer.
    remember to switch "Fixed latency" on on both units!

:)

• Thanks so much man, dam you now i am going to have to try it!!
    now i gotta save up for the 2nd head..going to try it in a Mission engineering FRFR gemini
    stereo cab , great advice , thank you for the response man.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• i just thought of some thing...based on the Gemini thread....brace yourself lol

I am told the Gemini is more of a 2X12 cab THUMP feel
    and the Atomix wedge are more studio type

Now whats stopping us form hooking up a wedge AND Gemini FOR A DUAL different SOUND
    as opposed to 2 kemper per racks.. wont it be as interesting? sure people might like the dual amp
    for 2 different amp sounds, but i think you can equally consider that it would be an interesting mix of wedges and gemini
    in ONE RACK, if they both sound different why not?

Ash