Important Stereo Monitoring Improvements, please :-))

• I finally bought two "FRFR" active speakers to monitor my sound in stereo mode :thumbup::thumbup:
    After that, I had the big surprise of something I assumed was already IN the KPA. Since the KPA born as a PROFESSIONAL equipment, here I have to do this additional future requests:

1) for the Direct Output (as Master Right) doesn't work the Special EQ Monitoring Output, so when you have a pair of FRFR active speakers you can adjust the EQ only for the left channel :( Please, add a flag for Stereo Monitoring for the EQ!!!!!!
    2) an additional volume pedal in the latest implementation can work on the Monitor Output... wooohhh, this is a GREAT implementation I thought, but when I come to Stereo Monitoring... well, it works only for the left channel again ... :( please, add a simple flag that act with the volume pedal on both the channels when used coupled together
    3) the Monitor Output (Master Left) have 12 db more than the Direct Output (Master Right) ... ... you will say, put 12 db below the first one... but not exactly because the relative volumes are lost once you move the Master Volume (remember that it is not linear, but logaritmic)...

I hope all of this make sense, for me they are very important and professional things to be added.

Finally a consideration (since I understood it is still not so common): if you really use stereo effects (Chorus, Delay, Reverb and so on) have you ever tried to monitor your sound at 1-2 meters in stereo mode during a live session ??? Don't waste time, DO IT !!! You will be blown away 8o:thumbup: It is one of the things that once tried you can never come back... don't forget that we have 2 ears, not 1 :D;)

• Simple question:
    If you like to monitor the wet stereo signal, why don't you simply use the Master Outputs?

The Master Output go normally to the FOH right?
    I'm talking about monitoring. Can you explain better?
    Don't you monitor in general your "final" sound including effects and modulation also?
    Maybe something is not clear to me...

Thanks!

• Guys, thanks for all your suggestions... they are always very useful (for example I thought that the XLR and the TRS Master Output were mutually exclusive). Nonetheless I believe I was not sufficiently clear on my need/request, so let me try to explain better the main point...

I would like to have a stereo monitoring of the final output signal with both, volume and equalization, completely indipendent and separately controllable from the main stereo signal that goes to the Mixer/FOH. Now, with all the tips and tricks, we can already achieve this with the following monitor output limitations: 1) the indipendent EQ works only for the LEFT channel; 2) an additional volume pedal dedicated to the monitored sound will works only for the LEFT channel.

The same indipendent EQ limitation applies to the "in ear" monitoring if we use the phones output.

I know that the KPA has already a lot of possibilities in terms of output number of connections and routing ... GREAT :thumbup:
    I want just to highlight this little bit missing for "the perfection", not a problem!
    Is it more clear now?
    Thanks again!

• I have my set up as follows.
    In front:
    DXR10 Left (From Monitor Out) My Vocal Monitor Sets In The Middle) DXR10 Right (From Direct Out)
    A Mustang III sets behind me for an air mover "in the room" kind of thing. I use a Y out of the monitor out side. My mains are locked and go to FOH.

Now last month I had an issue of the Db settings being strangely different between the monitor and direct outs, say 15db on one and 26db on the other. I did a reset and it fixed my issue and now all is equal.

A couple of things that can be done for a constant signal would be to run run your monitor cable out of the mains into a stereo volume pedal and then into the monitors. That way you are getting volume control over your main wet sound and not affecting the FOH. Or with my DXR's I have the ability to run the main out signal into my DXR using the thru's onto the FOH. But of course that doesn't get us what we want.
    I wish I was close to my studio because unless I am missing something or I have a special unit... :S

Man do I dare say this ?( I seem to be getting EQ on both and working just fine....Anyway just trying to help hopefully I'm not missing the boat here. :|