Till´s Chimera Pack ( Till Schleicher )

• Fan of Till's CABs of course.

Just got the pack. Here's my review:

1. There is a subtle but distinctive difference between each profile. Not drastic, but very usable flavors of tone.
    2. The profiles start with gain, but clean up to crunch and clean very nicely. Something people typically love about the Morgan AC20 profile, these are useful across the tweak spectrum.
    3. The profiles lack in the typical bottom and overly done mid's that define a lot of profiles for Headphone and Live work, but for those who record, cut anyways as it muddies up the mix.
    4. Delay and Reverb are there but off. So you can add them to your desire, but start off "dry". There are typically Wah, EQ and Gate that are ON.
    5. They make the claim that these are ready to go into the Mix for those who record. That claim is accurate. Because of this, and compared to other profiles that are made Raw or for Live work, these may sound "thin" to those uninitiated into the world of what amps actually sound like when tweaked to sit within a mix.
    6. IF you desire for a more Wet sound for live, you can tweak the EQ to up the bass, and press the Delay and/or Reverb ON. Or add your own sauce.

Till's niche has been to create CABs that mix and match across your profile spectrum to date. Now he has created profiles that sit across your mix, have a wide range of tweakability via the gain knob, and have Effect options just waiting to be turned on for more Live or Practice use for a Wetter sound.

Summary? Brilliant. Just utterly brilliant and needed addition to Profile land here. Subtle, but a needed niche here: Ready-to-go tracking profiles that are flexible to tweaking.

• I would have bought the pack just in order to support till's work. Brilliant work with the cabs! Unforgettable insanely good.
    I do not have a verdict on those chimera rigs. To be honest, i am still at a loss. Am i stupid or what? They sound, i mean the
    basic 24 sounds, they sound very similiar to me. But i have not checked en detail. I will need a little more time. Give me a week or
    two. But what i am looking for is some kind of medium level distortion with some character to it.
    What i see is that, when i choose rig 2, i want to play metal like i used in the 90ies. And Gosh, this profile rocks. Metal heaven here.
    But - until today - i am not able to get a decent solo tone out of it. Maybe i have to look further.

Tyler, could you please comment for studio noobs like me on some rigs and make some hints into what direction tweaking is possible?
    which rig cleans up the most and takes a chorus effect best? and so on?
    Or tweak a little here and there by yourself and make a hidden link for your customers? I am sure there ia a lot of potential here as i know that your work
    is above discussion. :thumbup:

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Soundfiles wanted? On one of my reampings i have used a chimera amp! guess which one it is!?
    the poll is here .

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• If you have a good hum bicker, the initial tone is very hot. However, turning down the gain on the KPA plus a ratio with your guitars volume knob yields a variety of distortion->crunch->clean to find a level you want for a particular application.

The 24 are "similar" but not identical. If you play the same chord and listen you can hear the differences in tone.

Plus different pickups also quite affect they tone.

It reminds me of vocal performances I've heard tweaked for a mix. Sometimes quite carved up, or old time singers knowing when to make their vocals thinner to fit the mix better.

Compare them to a solo and it seems lacking. Put the solo performance in untweaked into the same mix and it's now clashing sonically and loses that coherence you pay the engineers to exact from your performance.

• I listened to Gerald's clips, and chose B - I hope that was a Chimera profile, and not the others. I didn't like the guitar tone of A, C, and D, so if any of those are Chimera profiles, I won't be buying this pack. The clips on Till's site sound really good. Geraldo - let us know which one was a Chimera profile

• Many thanks to all of you for all your nice words. I tried to keep the tonal spectrum constant to make the rigs a little more universal. It´s not so much that one rig has more bass or less treble than the other. It´s more how the different amp and speaker combos are represented with their own signature.
    geraldo. You are right, Profile 002 has much of that typical late 80s metal tone with a lot of that special G12T75 sawing tone in it.
    If you are looking for a good solo tone, try the following: Profile 018b, noise gate off, adjust gain to liking. Delay and Reverb on. Bass: -1,6, Mid:+2,5, Treble: +0,7, Presence -0,5.
    Like i said, all the rig should be able to handle o lot of tonestack variety. The key to every good solo tone is in the mids. Give those a severe boost and check which one works best for you.
    If you are looking for nice clean and mild crunch tones, turn down your guitar volume, diable the noise gate slot and lock it, then scroll through the rigs. If you liked the crunch demo sample, it was done with profile 012. If you lower the gain to "nearly clean" like gain below 3.0 then you might also try to add the amp compressor to some fatness. Add Reverb, Delay and Chorus for as much "dimension" as you like.

Maybe i will do some nice clean and solo variations as a free upgrade.

• Small Note for Tomkat. I tried to PM you with the solution. not enabled.
    You would have to go to your profile. > settings > communication > enable reception of PMs. done.
    I will announce it publicly a few days later ;)

TYLER: yeah, that was a good hint. :thumbup:

• I've just got done playing with the Chimera CAB's. Wow. Great. Much more variety in terms of just the CABs.

So if you have a profile that has something unique but is sounding a bit flat, just put, like we used to with Till Cabs, the Chimera CAB's on them and have a listen.

There is a LOT of variety of the Chimera CAB's by themselves. So for those who like the mix-and-match, and know Tills CAB's in that respect, these deliver, plus there is the chance for getting more Till cabs by leaving a review.

I took a profile of an FXII amp that was OK but not great, put it through the Chimera CAB's and could have just saved that as an awesome profile. Verdad.

• Ok I have been coming up with lots of little riffs lately since I got this pack. I figured it is best to get some down before I lose them forever. This one is pure single track unedited freestyle (so don't mind the mistakes). I just added a drum loop, quickly matched track levels and faded the intro and outro.

Anyway, I wanted to share one with you since there is not many posting clips. This is a les paul style guitar using profile 018 with all default settings in case you are interested.

https://soundcloud.com/kevlar-randall/tilly-riff1

Edited once, last by K3MP3R ().

• Ok I have been coming up with lots of little riffs lately since I got this pack. I figured it is best to get some down before I lose them forever. This one is pure single track unedited freestyle (so don't mind the mistakes). I just added a drum loop, quickly matched track levels and faded the intro and outro.

Anyway, I wanted to share one with you since there is not many posting clips. This is a les paul style guitar using profile 018 with all default settings in case you are interested.

https://soundcloud.com/kevlar-randall/tilly-riff1

Nice riffing. Now let´s hear it together with a doubled guitar and bass :thumbup:

• This pack is a MUST !

Very precise and detailed work from Till . The Cab-Pack , we all know , is brilliant , but the Chimera Pack is : AAA .

Keep up the good work !!

Greetz from Hamburg )m(

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• absolutely fantastic work here, tyler. I have been a/b'ing a number of your profiles for my next band recording, and the word I keep coming back to is "usable". there is so much here that I can use and know it will sound great in my mixes. the cabs have also greatly improved some of my other rigs. thank you very much!

• I just purchased the profiles. Wow! They sound so great that i can play for hours without changing any parameter. Uh... maybe a little reverb will be fine :)
    Thanks Tyler. Awesome!

P.S.
    Is it possible for us to know which profile s made out of which combinations?

• Congratulations to Tyler! One of the profiles of this pack has just won a blindfold test here . Chimera rocks!