Work Flow Help

• Thank you very much those are some great suggestions, and I will follow them up when I have a chance. I have not set up the spdif recording yet on my KPA, but I've been meaning to. I don't think I would go through this effort on every tone I want to dial in, but for the tougher ones this sounds like the ticket, and it would allow me to explore all of the deep editing features without a guitar strapped to me. This is good because I really do need to sit down and learn more about the KPA. If only there were more hours in a day. :rolleyes:

dB

• This is a profound discussion. Thanks to all who contributed so far. It helps me understand some great concepts for using the Kemper to achieve great sounds in any situation. I agree, listening to a profile in context of the other instruments is vital to really dialing in a sound. It's not enough to get a great sound by itself - although that is also valuable and inspiring!

Recording and engineering techniques are valuable skills that help in achieving our best recorded AND live performances.

Unless one plays solo (actually, even if one plays solo!) - the ability to listen to what is around us is paramount to fitting into the music in the best possible way. Each time we try something new we are adding to our experiences and hopefully climbing a little higher on the mountain of great tone. Because the fact is that it's a never-ending quest :-).

• Thank you very much those are some great suggestions, and I will follow them up when I have a chance. I have not set up the spdif recording yet on my KPA, but I've been meaning to. I don't think I would go through this effort on every tone I want to dial in, but for the tougher ones this sounds like the ticket, and it would allow me to explore all of the deep editing features without a guitar strapped to me. This is good because I really do need to sit down and learn more about the KPA. If only there were more hours in a day. :rolleyes:

dB

I hear you and I know the feeling. Someday's you know it's time to go to bed, but the Kemper has a hold on you. "It is evil" haha

You don't really need to go SPDIF, if you have analog connections, you're good for reamping. Just make the appropriate reamping settings in the output setting of your Kemper, i.e. set main output to guitar/stack and record the dry channel. Then, reamp by sending an output from your interface into the input of your Kemper. Might have to tweak clean/distorted sense a bit to get the response you're looking for. Record the output (after setting your master output to master stereo/stack afterward.