Mr. Kemper, can you please completely mute the KPA during startup in Tuner mode.

• When I turn on the KPA into tuner mode, it makes sense to me that all output should be muted. While the main and monitor outputs are muted, the SPDIF is not (on my KPA at least)

Even if my SPDIF output level is set to zero, I get an output signal while the KPA is booting up until the tuner appears, then it mutes.

This can create some serious unwanted noise in a studio environment where the KPA is master and the SPDIF is used to monitor/record.

Or perhaps there is a reason why this can't be done?

Thanks for a great product!

• I can play the guitar during startup - it's the mysterious "startup profile" that has been discussed on the forum several times. This works only via the S/PDIF input. I don't understand, however, what the problem can be in a studio environment. Turn the volume pot of the guitar down during startup - case solved?

• Yup, sounds easy….until I forget, or there is no guitar connected.

If my SPDIF out is set to zero, I should NEVER hear anything through SPDIF, or if I startup in TUNER mode I should not either.

I can't hear anything through the main or monitor out…why SPDIF?

Think of it as powering a tube amp with the standby on. You don't want to hear anything until you are ready to.

I can play the guitar during startup - it's the mysterious "startup profile" that has been discussed on the forum several times. This works only via the S/PDIF input. I don't understand, however, what the problem can be in a studio environment. Turn the volume pot of the guitar down during startup - case solved?

• Yes I also have the mysterious rig while I boot up ( I use SPDIFF) , I use to jam a bit on it , then the last actual rig used show up.

It would be great to have a silent KPA while booting in Tuner mode , even show the tuner at early boot stage so you can tune the guitar in the meanwhile ?