Bluesbr(e)aker

• I have bought the Bluesbreaker set from Andi and i must say that it sounds classic.
    like the modern classical tone, if you are looking for that, i know where you can find it. HERE 8o
    i am surprised how much gain i could squeeze out of it. but hell, no metal here :thumbup:

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

Edited 2 times, last by Geraldo7 ().

• I forgot to mention that it sits well in the mix, too. it is often a surprise that sounds that i like very much while playing
    do not sound perfectly when recorded, but that is why reamping was invented, wasnt it?

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Doesn't, mention what yr. it was made or what spurs are in it...anyone have the detaile d specs.

It was the very limited reissue (only 100 units made), Marshall built and sold this year.
    The actual amp profiled is exactly this one:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• thanks for the info, lightbox. what a beauty! :love:
    the original drake transformators? wtf? where? how?
    it sounds like heaven anyway, belongs to my TOP 3 instantly! (the profile)
    wrote a song in 3 minutes with it, inspiring like frig!

cheers

• i was able - fortunately - to buy an "e" for a decent price on qbay. i had run out of "e"s for a while.

ah, c'mon have to buy another one ;( :D

• It was the very limited reissue (only 100 units made), Marshall built and sold this year.
    The actual amp profiled is exactly this one:

Where does it say on Andy's site that this Bluesbreaker was Profiled?

Here's what it says in the description for the Bluesbreaker...
    "Marshall does Vintage extremely well, its no quiz. - this amp is no
    exception, and is perhaps what made claptons tone what it is.... or was
    it the amp that made him?"

• This Marshall Bluesbreaker 1962 LE is the very first tube amp combo I was seriously thinking about buying after I played Andy's profiles. It's just so unbelievable good (for my taste). But when I compare the price tag (7.50€ vs. 5200€) I think I can easily live with the profiles. Basically that's why I really LOVE to own the Kemper Profiler every single day. I spent half a fortune on profiles and have a chance to discover "my tones" in this amazing world of tube amps and cabs and combos that I could never afford buying and/or trying.

I don't mind to sometimes buy a pack of profiles just to realize that they don't fit to me. The TAF LazyJ pack was such an example. I'm sure they are very good profiles for many, but I just didn't fall in love with them. Did I regret buying them? No! Not a second. They are part of my journey through this wonderful world. And even if I spent 500 € per 20 rigs I keep using, it's still well worth the investment, imho.

One more thing I would like to tell you guys:
    It might be strange, why some are chasing the big names (amps and/or artists) all the time. But I think there's nothing bad about this. It doesn't necessarily mean that we always try to end up with a perfect copy of a famous sound. But these big names give a lot of guidance, help to find our way through the world of amplified guitar sound. Even the greatest artists of all times tend to be massive gear collectors for some reason. They want to discover, they want to add to their arsenal of musical expression. Has it ever been easier to go on this journey?

Christoph Kemper has provided us with the technical foundation for this phantastic journey and those who share their profiling work (paid or free) have built a world of sound so worth to explore. Thanks for all! I love it and I enjoy it every single day!

Cheers,
    Martin

• Excellent post and exactly my own sentiments! :thumbup:

• What I love with such a rich range, and despite my best efforts I still have over 600 active, is that every day I drift into a different amp or sound and play it for a while, and strangely different amps and profiles work for that session, so it is a constant journey, and an inspiring one. I have dedicated myself to becoming a better guitarist since getting the kemper, partly I'm sure because it gives me what I want straight away and I can focus on playing rather than endlessly tweaking to get the sound I want, it nails it every time. It has been the most enriching addition to my guitar playing life ever.

• Lightbox. Amen.

You haven taken the words right out of my mouth. I have bought a Matamp Orange profile for instance. It sleeps on my KPA right from the start.
    Just did not fit my style, or my guitar or whatever ...
    Do i regret buying this profile? Yes! But @ a price of 6 english pounds. Forget it! I have bought over two decades 13 real amps, most of them
    heavy tube amps. Among them the famous Soldano Hot Rod 50, a handsigned Marshall AFD by Slash, the Orange Tiny Terror, an Engl Savage
    Richie Blackmore used to play before he got his own, and some others. There is one Plexi clone i will keep for nostalgic reasons.

Now i "own" a few hundred amps, among them precious Fenders, Marshalls, now a Bluesbr(e)aker with those original Drake transformers and too many
    to mention here. Kudos goes once again to the Einstein of Recklinghausen, that he has provided us with the technology that brings a file with the size of
    5K to live! :thumbup:

My favourite rig is the vanWeelden Twinkleland, which was - funny enough - buried in the vaults of Mats Nermark, before i saw by coincidence a youtube video,
    where he mentioned this gem. I contacted him via PM. The rest is history. Last year there was an auction on Qbay (ouch, not enough "e"s again) that sold a
    vanWeelden for 7.000 dollars. I could never ever afforded sth like that and would have been insecure until the end of my days whether this gem would be worth
    the price. well, somehow it is, but i want to eat a banana now and then when i have retired. So, we are little lucky devils, are we not?

cheers

• That profile is in my current Top Five.

I have a guitar with a Seymour Duncan Alternative 8 and a Gibson Burstbucker and that combo on that profile goes just about anywhere I want to go.

I finally can get an authentic Bluesbreaker tone to play along with Eric. Ahhhhhh. Thanks Andi!