Sorting through and switching cabs in profiles. How do you find improved ones?

• I find a profile I like, hold the cab button and start rolling through a bunch of cabs but always end up staying with the original one.

Partly because I liked the original cab and when searching through hundreds of cabs I cant tell if I've found a better one than the original because I've been through so many and can not compare the selected and original cab.

I also don't want to loose the original profile since I thought it sounded good to begin with.

How do you guys find cabs that improve your profiles?

• The process is quite fast for me. I keep the Automatic load enabled for cabs (not for rigs, but this is another story), and while playing a note I quickly load cabs. I sometimes do it just for fun, but when I'm "seriously" working on a tone I usually start researching a new cab only if I'm not satisfied with the original one. So noting an improvement is immediate, actually. Granted, it might not work extensively (I mean when I play something more complex), but I never overwrite the original rig so I can always discard it.
    One thing that can help a lot is having a related base-mix-music program in the background at the proper level.

Basically, I believe that like in any other situation where you're given much choices, having a clear idea in mind helps a lot in not getting overwhelmed by them.

:)

• You have two options, either using the "From Rigs" or "Local Presets".

If you've previously 'Saved' your favourite 'Cabs' then you'd use "Local Presets" instead of the "From Rigs", obviously the "From Rigs" is every Profile/Cab on your Kemper.
    It takes time to decide which Cabs you really like, slowly but surely you start saving them, once they’re saved then you wont be scrolling through a 1000 cabs but only through the few you Saved.
    For example, a few weeks after the Kemper release Till's shared his amazing Marshall & Mesa Cabs with us all...they're great for any semi high gain/high gain Profiles...they're stored in my 'Local Presets' along with other favourite Cabs.

Here are some of my favourite Cabs including the Till's Cabs.
    Extract them to the Shared folder on your USB and Import them....they'll appear in the 'Local Presets' option.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…inets%20August%202012.zip

Remember, every time you find a Cabinet you really like, press Store, re name it and save it so you'll have it for future use.
    When you're scrolling through Cabinets you're never really losing the original.
    Exit the Cabinet window, Browse one Profile to the left or right and back to the Profile you were on, 'Load' it and you're back to hearing the original Profile.

• My process is that when I find a profile that sounds full and completely BA (that's badass), I save the cab as a preset, and make sure to name it with the author name and the rig it came from. I actually need to greatly filter out Till's cabs - way too many IMO. I end up using only about 5-10 total. I find all the Recto cabs I like from him are in the 50's and 60's.

Anyway, when I do find one I really like, I hit store > store as and save the rig with a number or letter on the end, so that it is sorted right next to the original, then I tweak the one with the new cab to maximize its potential, and A/B vs. the original. I'll usually find 3-4 that sound pretty good, then have a shootout, settle on one, and ignore the rest.

I like all of Lasse's cabs, a good bit of Till's, some of the ones from commercial profiles I've bought, particularly the Mark V from The Amp Factory's Mark V Lead 4 profile. Another GREAT one is JEVO's ENGL Pro 4x12. I believe it came from one of his ENGL Savage profiles. R.U.Sirius's Bogner Shiva cabs rule too. And I'm still finding more every day.

It's not as simple as picking a single cab and using it for any profile that needs a boost. Some cab profiles that usually sound awesome just don't work well with some amp profiles.

One more thing to mention - some cabs can be improved by making subtle alterations to the high/low shift parameters on the cab block. If it initially sounds muffled/fizzy, try messing with high shift. If it sounds woofy or too round (or too thin), mess with low shift. (+/- 0.4 is about as far as I ever go).