Clean Sense

• Using -12db with my Seymour Duncan Alnico 8 & Gibson Burstbucker

But I have a question. Didn't CK just say on Gear Page this wasn't necessary to be able to adjust the volume pot for Clean->Distortion, and instead use other parameters?

Now I'm confused. But I'll take more -db on this feature, as my passive humbuckers have to be set to 2 on volume to get AC/DC and are in metal-land otherwise with the Kemper. Even clean profiles sound like metal on some profiles. (not Andy's but many free ones) Never played such a hot passive set of pickups, so this is new to me these past few months.

• "Maybe your PRS is just more resonant or bass/mids heavy"

or the pickups are closer to the strings...

PRS is more bass/mids heavy than EB Luke -and pickups are so far as they can be in a balance... Now I took booster away and the clean sense thing works...
    I hope that I can put booster back and clean sense will be updated to have more tolerance...

• PRS is more bass/mids heavy than EB Luke -and pickups are so far as they can be in a balance... Now I took booster away and the clean sense thing works...
    I hope that I can put booster back and clean sense will be updated to have more tolerance...

Huh, didnt like sound without booster -so I put additional volume pot in a guitar cavity with a volume dropped... Now I get boosters sound without cleans gone grunch in a KPA..
    Is this cheating..?? :thumbup:

Huh, didnt like sound without booster -so I put additional volume pot in a guitar cavity with a volume dropped... Now I get boosters sound without cleans gone grunch in a KPA..
    Is this cheating..?? :thumbup:

I don't think you should have to do this to use the KPA. I certainly wouldnt be doing any unorthodox adjustments to my PRS to allow me to use the KPA!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I don't think you should have to do this to use the KPA. I certainly wouldnt be doing any unorthodox adjustments to my PRS to allow me to use the KPA!!!!!

I think just as you but I didnt found any other way to solve that issue....

Waiting for the next firmware update hopefully.... :S

• Instead of putting a volume pot, why don't you ask a guitar tech if it is possible to lower the output of the booster (if i recall correctly it's 25 db, isn't it?).
    BTW the PRS PUs are pretty hot, plus the booster, i think it's not strange to drive nuts the input.

• How do you compare the distortion amp profiles to the clean amp profiles when adjusting the clean sense?

Is adjusting the clean sense and then exiting and flipping back and forth the only way to do this? I have a strat that has low output pickups that are modeled after John Mayers and I'm having trouble getting all of the profiles even in volume.

• How do you compare the distortion amp profiles to the clean amp profiles when adjusting the clean sense?

Is adjusting the clean sense and then exiting and flipping back and forth the only way to do this? I have a strat that has low output pickups that are modeled after John Mayers and I'm having trouble getting all of the profiles even in volume.

No, you shouldn't balance profiles using Clean Sense. Just use one profile and set CS to where you find a good balance/transition between clean/dist when you dial the Gain knob.

Then balance profiles with the Volume knob.

• No, you shouldn't balance profiles using Clean Sense. Just use one profile and set CS to where you find a good balance/transition between clean/dist when you dial the Gain knob.

Then balance profiles with the Volume knob.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!!

• Raoul,

Wasn't it you saying the Clean Sense isn't going low enough?

I said that as well CK. My out is red even when its just a clean path straight through...

My Clean Sens is on -12

• BTW the PRS PUs are pretty hot, plus the booster, i think it's not strange to drive nuts the input.

The factory PUs in my old PRS CU22 were the hottest pickups I ever used. I had problems whenever I went DI regardless of which equipment I would use. They would even overload some tube amps I had at that time and I had really great trouble using it with an analog chorus pedal I had custom built for me. It was impossible to play without the pedal distorting.

I think a big part of the bad reputation PRS's got in some circles are just down to the pickups. They were basically crap. As soon as you swapped them out, the guitars came to life.

I got rid of the darned fiddle way before I got a Kemper so I can't try it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it would overload the KPA as well.

But in this case I think he has put EMGs in his PRS so the factory PUs shouldn't get in the way.